9. Of realizations and love

Monami huffed out an angry sigh as she tried to calm herself and not let her anger take out the worst side of her.

Lately, things had changed a lot in Parakram SAF. While her once arch enemy, Karan Shergill had become her friend but her own room mate, Sanjana Dubey became the reason of her misery these days.

Well, Sid was in love with Sanju so him getting behind her was fine with her but why was Karan so much interested in Sanju's moods. If her mood would be off then both Karan and Sid with throw angry glares at Monami as if she was the reason behind it.

It had pissed Monami to no end, seeing the two boys act like that because initially Karan was too protective of her as well but now it was like as if she didn't exist for him. It hurted her so much to find herself trapped in misery and she couldn't even find a way out to it as well.

"Tumhe pakka yakeen hai na? " Karan asked Sid for the 100th time.

"100%! " Sid answered quite annoyed by

"Agar Rani Saaheba ko mujhse pyaar nahi hua aur yeh jo maine itne dino se kiya woh waste gaya toh tum kal se ready rehna! " He warned Sid as he didn't like doing all the stuff which he did in the past few days, be it his over concern for Sanju or him ignoring Monami. It was so out of character for him to do that but since Sid had told him that Monami loved him and she needed to realize it, he came up with the odd plan for Karan to follow.

"Kiske liye? " He asked in confusion.

"Mere punching bag ko replace karne ke liye! " Karan said in a dead serious tone making Sid flinch a bit but nevertheless nodded his head on finding no other option.

"Good! " He heard Karan uttered in a bossy tone before walking away.

"Rani Saaheba aap itni raat ko yaha kya kar rahi hai? " He asked as he spotted her in the garden area hugging a tree like some monkey, his steps automatically started walking towards her.

"Mai woh.. Ek second mai tumhe kyu batau? Meri marzi! " She said in a pissed off tone.

"Accha yeh nahi toh apne is gusse ka reason hi bata do! " He negotiated with her.

"Woh bhi nahi bataungi! Tumhe bas Sanjana ki padi rehti hai toh uska hi haal chaal puccho! Hamesha bas Sanju yeh, Sanju woh. Har waqt saara attention usko jaise woh kahi ki maharani ho lekin yeh cringe Rani Saaheba ka title mujhe dediya! Jabki meri toh koi galti bhi nahi thi, woh bath tub aur car dono Sid ne bhijwaayi thi academy mei lekin janaab ko toh maza aata hai mujhe taane maarne mei isliye dost banne ke baad bhi Rani Saaheba kehke bulaate rehte ho! " She said in one go making him smile a bit at her outburst.

"Tumhaare is pure bhaashan mei tumne Sid aur Sanju ka kam aur mera zada naam liya. Kyu? Aakhir mai bhi toh bas tumhara dost hi hu, haina? " He asked looking straight in her eyes and in that moment she realized that he was right. She was more angry on him than on Sid or Sanju when she considered him her friend only just like Sid and even Sanju. Did he had some special place in her heart?, she shuffled her heart a bit but what she felt was only butterflies in the pit of her stomach which she had only seen in movies.

'Does that mean I ... ' her eyes widened with surprise as she realized that she loved him. She couldn't point out when it had happened but it surely had as she felt this strong urge to not share him with anyone, any other girl to be more specific.

The look on her face told him that he was successful in his plan as he could easily read her expressions like an open book.

"Tumhaare chehre se lag raha hai, tumhe kucch realize hua hai! Mujhe bhi batao! " He said breaking her chain of thoughts.

She looked at him and immediately the surprised look on her face faded to a terrified one.

"Umm... Nahi kucch nahi! " She brushed it off and was about to walk away when she got pulled back in his arms.

"I love you Rani Saaheba." He said softly making her look at him in surprise. Though he half expected her to return his love but the other half of him was ready to wait for her as well. He just wanted to voice out what was going in his heart.

"Woh... " She started to say something but was cut off in between by him.

"Shh! Let me finish first. Aapko bhi mauka milega. So kaha tha mai? Haa, I know mujhe thoda aur romantic way mei kehna chahiye that but mai koi writer ya poet nahi hu, ek commando hu isliye ghuma fira ke lambe lectures mei pyaar ka izhaar karna nahi aata mujhe but i love you a lot. Mai yeh nahi kahunga ki mai tumhaare liye jaan de sakta hu kyuki woh wala commitment mai apne desh se already kar chuka hu lekin jab tak meri saaasein chalengi tab tak mere dil mei sirf tum rahogi! Aur koi bhi nahi kyuki jagah ki thodi si problem hai! " He ended on a lighter note making her smile at him.

"I love you too Special Agent Karan Shergill. Aur mai nahi chahti ki tum marne ka promise karo infact sirf paagal ladkiya aise promises hi chahti hongi. Mujhe tumse sirf pyaar aur thoda sa attention chahiye, bas. " She said making him grin at her.

"Done deal! " He said as he hugged her.

She too hugged him back as they embraced each other.
______________________________________
Thanks for reading.