28. Holiday Diaries

Karan smiled cheerfully as within a few minutes his plane would land in Mumbai and he will finally meet his Rani Saaheba after 1.5 years.

The training of recruits got over one and a half year ago and immediately after that, he got posted in Kashmir. He was in dilemma on seeing the notice as on one side he was happy that finally he will be able to serve in Kashmir which was a dream for many Indian soldiers but on the other side he would be away from his heart, his Rani Saaheba, his Monami. He feared her reaction on finding out the news but to his surprise she took the situation very maturely.

Flashback starts

"Monami meri posting Kashmir hogayi hai! " He told her while she packed her bag to go back from the academy. She was sad but the news of his posting made her stunned at the moment.

"Tum sach keh rahe ho? " She asked looking straight in his eyes.

"Army wale kabhi jhooth nahi bolte!" He said.

"I know it will be tough for you! Agar tum breakup karna chahti ho then also i can understand.. " He blabbered the possible scenarios his mind had already made up.

"What?? Are you mad Karan? Mujhe breakup kyu chahiye hoga? Koi breakup nahi kar rahe hai hum! Hamare beech mei distance toh tay hi tha toh Kashmir hi sahi. Maine suna hai ki Indian soldiers ka dream hota hai ek baar Kashmir mei serve karna toh mai tumhaare sapne ke beech nahi aungi kabhi bhi! " She told him very maturely and he got surprised at that. She was the same girl who would pick up fights with him every now and then for his attention and love and would want him to say I love you to her atleast 10 times a day.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho? " She asked as he stared deeply.

"Mai yeh dekh raha hu ki meri Rani Saaheba mature bhi act kar sakti hai! " He teased with a slight smirk.

"Karan! " She warned him.

"Accha accha sorry! But kya karu aadat se majbur hu! " He said with a grin plastered on his face.

"Posting kab hai? " She asked softly after a minute.

"2 din baad! " He said getting into serious mode.

"Sirf do din hai hamare paas! " She concluded.

"Hmm! Abhi bhi waqt hai soch lolo. Agar breakup karna hai toh keh sakti ho! Mujhse chhutkara paane ka isse accha mauka nahi milega tumhe! " He added playfully.

"Shut up! Tum aaoge toh mere paas hi, kaha jaoge warna? " She said angrily.

"Of course! Tumhaare paas hi aaunga! Ya toh tiranga lehraakar ya fir tirange mei lipat kar! But aunga zarur! " He told her softly.

"Karan please! " She said not liking his words at all.

"Arey? Maine tumhe kitni baar bataya hai ki army mei death celebratory hoti hai fir bhi yeh reaction? " He said smirking to which she just hugged him.

"Rani Saaheba! " He said softly hugging her back.

"I love you Karan! " She confessed.

"I love you too Monami! " He said almost instantly.

"Waada karo ki tum mere paas wapas zinda aaoge aur yeh marne ki baatein toh bhul hi jao! " She told him breaking the hug.

"Accha accha ok! I promise mai tumhaare paas zinda aunga! Ab smile please? " He said to which she smiled at him.

Flashback ends

He smiled remembering that day. And when his leave got sanctioned a few months back, he told her first about it to which she litrelly screamed with happiness.

He remembered there telphonic conversation clearly.

Flashback starts

She screamed with happiness on hearing the news of his holiday, almost bursting off his ear drums.

"Rani Saaheba mere kaan ke parde phat jaayenge! " He said keeping the phone near his ear again.

"Sorry woh excitement mei... " She was interrupted in between by him.

" Tumhaara kucch nahi ho sakta! Anyways 10 din ki holiday mili hai!" He said quite sadly knowing that it was not at all enough.

"10 din bhi bohot hote hai Mr. Shergill." She said maturely.

"Yeh abhi lag raha hai tumhe, us waqt puchunga tab pata chalega! " He complaint to her.

"Accha karan pehle kuchh din tum baby aur bhabhi ke saath spend karna! Baby bohot miss kar rahi thi tumhe! " He got surprised yet again at her words. Anyone on her place would have wanted him to spend his time with her and not his family but his Rani Saaheba was so different. He was proud of his choice.

"Kaha khogaye?? Ho na line pe? " Her voice broke his trance of thoughts.

"Hmm! Maine already plan kar liya hai! Pehle 5 days ham saath mei spend karenge fir baaki ke 5 din ham dono jaake baby ke saath spend karenge! " He told her.

"Lekin karan.. " She was yet again interrupted by him.

'No arguments on this doctor! " He told her seriously.

"Shut up Karan! " She huffed.

"Ek baar tum meri aakhon ke saamne aajao fir kehna ye! " He said playfully.

"Kyu? " She asked in confusion.

"Pata lag jayega! " He said and then the call got disconnected.

Flashback ends.

His trance broke as the announcement for landing came.
Once he came out in the airport he sighed on not seeing her. He had specifically asked her to not be late but when had she listened to him.

A certain crowd caught his attention as he roamed aimlessly in the airport. On reaching close he found Monami holding the collar of the airport official and yelling. His eyes almost popped out seeing the scenerio.

"Itni der hogayi kab aayegi flight! " She yelled at the officer in uniform.

"Mam please have some patience! " The officer said quite scared of her intimidating self.

"Monami yeh kya kar rahi ho? " She heard his voice and immediately left the guy and turn to find Karan standing at a distance.

"Karan tum aagaye! " She said and immediately ran to hug him.

"Haa mai toh aagaya Rani Saaheba lekin yeh kya hai? " He said pointing to the crowd she had created.

"Uhhhh wohh... Mujhe laga tumhaari flight delay kardi hai in logo ne jaan bujh ke.. " She mumbled.

"Toh ladne lag jaogi? Maana ki tum fighter ho lekin itna overboard jaane ki zarurat nahi thi! " He softly scolded her to which she hid her face in his chest. He sighed at her childish behavior before looking at the officer she was talking to.

"I am sorry woh meri girlfriend ko meri fikr thi isliye she got hyper! " Karan apologized the officer.

"I can understand sir! Please le jaaiye inhe! " The officer said still in trauma.

Karan nodded his head and then both Karan and Monami left for her home to spend the next 5 days in pure bliss.
______________________________________
Thanks for reading.