27. Mr. Khadoos Shergill

"Sid Mr. khadoos Shergill mujhe wapas karde warna bohot pitega! " Monami yelled at Sid while chasing him around the mess.

When she woke up this morning, her stuffed toy gifted by him (25 chapter gift, referance) was nowhere in sight. She searched it in her whole room but couldn't find it and hen e thought Sid must have stole it.

"Arey bro Maine tera stuffed toy liya hi nahi toh wapas kaise karu? " Sid said in his defense while running away from her. Everyone else just witnessed the craziness.

"Jhooth mat bol Sid, Mujhe pata hai yaha pe aisi harkat sirf tu hi kar sakta hai toh chup chaap dede! " She said finally getting hold of his hand.

"Monu bro mere paas nahi hai tera Mr. Khadoos Shergill! " He said for the umpteenth time to her.

"Kya ho raha hai yaha? " Karan roared entering the mess as he absolutely hated noise and unnecessary drama.

"Uh.. Woh.. Kuchh nahi! " She stuttered as he looked at her with his icy cold eyes and she wasn't in school that she had to complain about her problems to him each time.

"5 minutes and everyone on the field! " Karan said sharply though he doubted something was definitely wrong.

The whole day Monami didn't talk to Sid, in fact avoided him like plague. For others it seemed like an argument but Karan guessed something was not right as Sid was her best buddy and she would never stay this much angry at him for this much long.

"Bro sach mei Maine nahi liya hai tera toy. Aur itna kya special hai us toy mei jo tu itna gussa ho rahi hai? " Sid asked her finally after the training session got over for the day.

"Mujhe tujhse koi baat nahi karni hai! Get out Sid! " She whisper yelled as they both stood inside her room. Sanju was out of the room at the moment.

"But bro meri baat.. " He interrupted her.

"I said get out Sid! " She said furiously.

Sid walked out giving her one last look and at the same time Sanju entered the room.

"Monami khaane ke laane nahi Chalogo tum? " She asked Monami.

"Nahi Sanjana! Mujhe bhook nahi hai! Tum jao! " She said sitting on her bed and once Sanju left she sobbed.

It was the very first gift from Karan and someone stole it. She felt utterly useless in that very moment as her mind made up his reaction on getting the piece of information.

"Rani saaheba ek gift bhi nahi sambhaal paayi! Bilkul Useless hai aap! " She could litrelly hear his voice in her head which made her situation worst. That night she slept while crying and when she woke up, the first thing she saw was his worried face.

"Thank god tumhe hosh aagaya! " He said as he stood next to her bed. He was worried when he found out that she had high fever and got extremely anxious when she didn't wale ip even after constant asking.

"Mai so rahi thi! Behosh nahi thi! " She said sitting on her bed. Ge and Sanju immediately helped her to sit.

"Accha toh sab itni der se utha rahe the toh uth kyu nahi rahi thi? Apni aakhein dekho, kitni laal hogayi hai!" He said in a worried tone.

"Eyes red toh #rone se hoti hai. Monami tum ro rahi thi? " Chitra asked and then she noticed that everyone was present there at the moment.

"Uh.. Woh Mr. Khadoos Shergill nahi mil raha tha toh... " She said slowly making them all confused at her.

"Toh rone lag jaogi? Woh bas ek khilona hai Rani Saaheba, mai aur le aata tumhaare liye! " He said before even he could even think making everyone surprised at his words.

"Mujhe laga tum gussa ho jaoge ki kitni careless hu mai! " She said remembering the words her head had made up.

"Ismein carelessness ki kya baat hai? Khilauna i am sure academy mei hi hoga. " He replied calmly.

"Sid please ab toh dede! "  She begged while Karan looked surprised at her fondness for a toy.

"Bro mere paas nahi hai! " He said in surrender. She was about to throw a near by pillow at Sid when Karan stopped her.

"Monami woh keh toh raha hai ki usne nahi liya toh maan kyu nahi rahi ho tum? " He said keeping the pillow back on its position.

She looked down in embarrassment.

"Ab sabne dekhlo na ki Monami theek ho! Saare jhingur baahar! " Sanju yelled to which everyone got out. The only ones left were Karan, Faizi and Sanju.

"Tumhe fever hai, kucch khaa lo fir apni medicine lo! " He said passing her a plate full of food in front of her.

"Nahi pehle mere Mr. Khadoos Shergill ko dhundungi mai fir kuchh khaungi! " She said with determination.

"Monami har baat pe baccho ki tarah zid karna sahi nahi hota! Ek khilauna hi toh tha! Itna kya drama kar rahi ho tum? " He said angry at her stubbornness.

"Khilauna? Seriously? Sirf Khilauna tumhaare liye hoga! Mere liye woh gift tha. Tumhaari taraf se mere liye pehla gift jiski importance kisi bhi aur khilaune se kahi zada hai. Lekin tum is baat ko kabhi nahi samajh paoge so accha yahi hoga ki tum mujhe mere haal pe chod do! " She shouted back at him taking him completely by surprise as her words hit his heart straight. He felt strangely happy on knowing the importance of his gift to her. It meant a lot to him.

He was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. All of them looked at the door to find Chitra at the door with Monami's Mr. Khadoos Shergill in her hand.

"Umm I am #VerySorry Monami! Maine toh bas ek chhota sa mazaak kiya tha but jab tumhe Sid pe bohot gussa hote dekha subah toh darr gayi thi aur fir training ki wajah se time nahi mila! I am very sorry #again! " Chitra blabbered passing her the toy to which Monami quitely nodded as what mattered was her Mr. Khadoos Shergill who was back with her.

"It's ok! Lekin agli baar please kabhi aisa mazaak mat karna!" Monami softly said and Chitra nodded before quickly leaving the room.

Faizi quickly shared a look with Sanju and then they both left the room leaving Karan and Monami alone.

"Ab toh Mr. Khadoos Shergill milgaya, khaana khaaogi ab ya aur koi demand bhi hai? " He taunted her.

She said nothing but sat on her bed and quitely at her food and took the medicines meanwhile he just stared at her innocence and wondered what he had done in his life to get her unconditional love.

That day, she revived a small part of his stone like heart.
_____________________________________
Thanks for reading.