8. Baby

The day was usual as the recruits continued to do the drill until a certain message popped up in Karan's phone. He took out his phone to check who had dared to disturb his training session but a small lazy smile instantly came on his face reading the name 'Baby' flashing on the screen.

He instantly recovered and put on the mask of hard demeanour before going to a corner to message back his baby.  All this while what he didn't notice was a certain look of his Rani Saaheba whose eyes wandered what he got smiling instead of the training session.

'It might be his girlfriend! ' A vogue thought hit her brain but she brushed it off thinking who would be his girlfriend, not a girl with sane mind would.

'But he is hot!' her subconscious uttered making her almost roll her eyes as this was the result being in the company of #Girl Chitra.

'He is anything but boyfriend material anyway! ' She fought back with her subconscious but her subconscious immediately flashed an image of the fresher party where he helped her during her wardrobe malfunction.

She sighed in defeat as her subconscious had won this debate with brownie points. Who was she even kidding with, of course he would be an amazing boyfriend because he had helped her even when he hated her guts so badly so his girlfriend would have all his care. That night in the party, she got to know how much respectful he was towards women and that is one quality which every girl craves for in their dream man/guy.

"Oye doctorni ab tumhaare laane carpet bichhwaaye tab aake rope practice karogi! " Sanju's sarcastic remark broke her chain of thoughts and she slightly nodded her head before going forward to perform the task.

The day went just like that for her in blurr as she was more interested in finding the reason behind his smile than the training.

'Enough monu! Tu bas training pe concentrate kar! Woh khadoos Shergill hase ya roye, tujhe kya? " She taunted herself while sitting in the mess.

"Monu bro Tu theek hai na? " A concerned voice of her bff Sid came, she looked at him before nodding her head in yes because she herself didn't have any idea why was she thinking about Khadoos Shergill and his smile which came on his handsome face while looking at his phone.

She sighed for the umpteenth time before they heard loud ringing of someone's phone. On seeing his phone ring and him walking out of the mess to talk, she finally had enough of her imagination and decided to follow him to know the answer of her question which she wanted to know since morning.

"Baby, aapne khaana khaaya? " She heard his soft voice and got a mini heart attack at the word Baby.

So she assumed it right, he indeed had a girlfriend. She felt a tinge of jealousy before she listened further.

"Mai kaise khata khana? Aapne call hi kardiya! " He said over the call completely unaware of her being behind him, just a few steps away.

"Accha accha ab lecture mat do! Sorry kaha toh tha us din ke liye! Chachu kabhi bhi apni baby se milne ko mana karte hai kya? " He said in a cute tone to which Monami got shocked again at the word chachu. Seemed like it was her day of getting shocks one after other.

'Who calls their boyfriend chachu?' She thought in confusion.

"Haa baby pakka aaunga kal! " He said with a grin plastered on his before he ended the call.

He turned to spot Monami looking confusingly at him.

"Kya hua Rani Saaheba? Aap yaha kya kar rahi hai? " She noticed the change in his tone which was stricter then a few moments ago, even his demeanour changed as well, he looked khadoos again.

'Maybe this was the soft side of Nariyal which Faizi was talking about, the other night.' She concluded.

"Ab kucch bologi bhi ya statue ki tarah hi khadi rahogi? " He asked quite seriously annoyed by her not answering him.

"Woh phone pe kaun tha? " She blurted out her question in haste.

"Excuse me? Kya kaha? I don't think I am answerable to you. " He said not liking her crossing her line of limit with him.

"I know par agar mujhe nahi pata chala toh mujhe raat mei neend nahi aayegi aur fir meri kal ki training kharaab ho jayegi aur aisa hua toh tum mujhe nikaal doge academy se which I don't want kyuki... " She blabbered until he kept his hand over her mouth to shut her.

"Itni bakwaas kar kaise leti ho tum? Aur mai agar tumhe nahi bataunga toh tumhe neend kyu nahi aayegi? Boyfriend hu mai tumhara? Nahi na infact tum khud engaged ho us namune Sidharth se toh kyu fark pad raha hai? Isilye in sab chakkaro se dur rehta hu mai." He said while maintaining eye contact with her. But the fact that he indirectly told her that he was single made her heart warm with happiness.

She hummed and he took her cue as he removed his hand.

"Mujhe abhi toh nahi pata tumhaare sawaal ka jawaab but jab pata chal jaayega toh bata dungi. Abhi ke liye please batado kisse baat kar rahe the? " He rolled his eyes at her acting like a clingy girlfriend but what he couldn't deny was that he liked her being like this for him.

"Niece! " He muttered before his brain could think more.

"Hmm? " She asked not expecting him to answer just yet.

"Niece ka call tha meri! " He said.

"Aur subah drill ke time woh message? " She asked

"Woh bhi usi ka tha! " He answered not knowing why he was answering her questions when he could easily brush her away. Maybe he started liking her presence.

"Ab agar aapka interrogation khatm ho gaya ho toh chal ke dinner karle, Rani Saaheba? " He asked in his usual taunting tone.

She happily nodded her head and they walked back. She didn't know why was she so happy on finding out that he was single but one thing she definitely knew was that tonight she would have a nice sleep.
______________________________________
Thanks for reading.