44. Wedding night

Karan glared at Faizi who seemed unfazed by Karan's seething anger.

"Kya hai janaab, ghur kyu rahe ho? Aur ghurna hi hai toh apni biwi Monami Tsunami ko ghurna, hame nahi!" He replied.

"Shutup Faizi! Aur yeh kya naatak laga rakha hai tum logo ne? Suhaagraat? Seriously? Ham 21st century mei bhi iske baare mei discuss kar rahe hai?" Karan said in return.

"Ofcourse Karan! Ham bhale hi 21st century mei ho lekin suhaagraat is suhaagraat only! And you have to make the most of it!" One of Karan's batchmate from college days, Rohan Verma explained.

"Make the most of it? I am dead tired! Ab mujhe sirf bed aur neend dikhaayi de rahi hai!" Karan explained to the boys who were hyped for no reason.

"Abhi iske liye energy drink leke aa zara!" Rohan winked at Abhimanyu who laughed. Abhimanyu Kapoor was another army friend of Karan. Well Karan had only a handful of friends because of his strict nature and the only boys who stayed friends with him were Rohan, Abhimanyu, Faizi. They were always unfazed by Karan's anger making him frustrated at times but he could still rely on them as they were an elite part of Indian army, just like he was.

"No thanks! Mujhe drunk nahi hona apni shaadi waale din!" He shook his head.

"Energy drink pilaayenge, alcohol nahi." Abhimanyu countered.

"Uhh I think it's time for me to leave you guys because tum log paagal hogaye ho!" Karan said and walked off making the three boys laugh there hearts out.

On the other hand Monami was being trained by Sanju, Koyal and her friend Riya.

"Guys mujhe bohot neend aarahi hai aur tum logo ne kya first night laga rakha hai?" Monami told the girls , not understanding the hype about first night.

"I can't believe this Monami! Aaj Teri shaadi hui hai! You need to focus on getting his attention and love then getting asleep!" Koyal retorted making Monami sigh yet again.

"Exactly! First night after wedding dobaara kabhi nahi aati , you need to stay focused monu!" Riya agreed with Koyal while Sanju and Monu made identical confused faces.

"Tum.." Monami

"Kya mai aa sakta hu?" They all heard Karan say from outside the room.

The girls walked off laughing animatedly making Karan shook his head in annoyance but he still entered the room only to find her still dressed in her wedding outfit.

Her veil was covering her face, he chuckled at the whole ordeal.

"Monami ham 2022 mei hai, koi 80s ya 90s ki movie mei nahi jo tum apna face cover kar ke baithi ho!" He pointed to which she immediately unveiled her beautiful face and he came to sit beside her on the bed.

"I thought you would like it , Karan!" She pouted.

"Why would I Rani Saheba? Aur tumne kapde kyu nahi change kiye? Phero ke time toh tum keh rahi thi ki yeh kapde chubh rahe hai tumhe, toh ab?" He asked looking a bit confused.

"Mai toh change karna chaahti thi but Riya aur Koyal ne change nahi karne diye!"  She told him truthfully.

"Ohh! Toh ab karlo! Mai washroom mei jaake change karta hu aur tum yaha karlo araam se!"

"Uhh Karan.." she stopped him and he immediately sat back in his original position.

"Hmm?"

"Mere baalo mei bohot pins lagi hai, can you help me with it?" She pointed towards her hair.

"Ofcourse Rani..uhh Mrs Shergill, i can!" He smiled at her sweetly.

He then sat on his knees and leaned over to pull out the pins in her hair.