18. Dil Jaaniye!

"Monu tu ek number ki idiot hai.. Kya zarurat thi itna difficult outfit pehenne ki? Waha diwali party mei Karan aur baaki sab tera wait kar rahe honge.. But yeh dori hai ki lag hi nahi rahi.. Ugh! " Monami muttered in frustration while standing in front of the mirror of her room.

Everyone else had already left for the party and only she was left, even her room mate Sanju had also left making the situation more critical for her. She really wanted to go out and enjoy with her boyfriend, Karan and her friends but the traditional outfit was giving her a hard time.

She pouted sadly until she heard a knock on the door.

"Kaun? " She asked before thinking once.

"Mai Rani Saaheba! Aur kaun? " Karan said a bit annoyed on the fact that she was still not ready when the party has started on the full swing. He was wearing a pink coloured ethnic wear much to his dismay as he didn't like the colour one bit but it was chosen by his Rani Saaheba so he couldn't deny her.

Her face instantly light up on hearing his voice and she sprinted to open the door.

"Thank god tum aagaye! Mujhe tumhaari help chahiye? " She said dragging him inside while he looked at her mesmerized as she looked ethereal in the traditional white -golden dress.

"Kabhi toh apna dimaag use kar liya karo! " He immediately scolded her while she looked at him confused.

He then proceeded to lock the door of her room and approached her later.

"Ab bolo kya hua? Party mei kyu nahi aarahi ho? Sab wait kar rahe hai tumhara! " He bombarded her with questions all at once.

"Mai aana chahti hu par ek problem hai! " She said sheepishly.

"Kya problem hai Rani Saaheba? " He asked.

"Woh dori nahi lag rahi hai mujhse! " She said turning her back towards him to show the untied dori of her blouse.

"Bas itni si baat! Ek call karna tha, Sanju ya girls mei se kisi ko aur fix hojata ye but Rani Saaheba toh khud hi karengi saare kaam nahi toh unki naak jo kat jaayegi! " He taunted her as he was too frustrated while waiting for her in the party when he wasn't liking it at all. He wanted to celebrate it with her not waiting for her. His anger was completely justified though as she was almost an hour late and he absolutely hated waiting.

"Tumhe help nahi karni hai toh tum jaa sakte ho! Mai khud hi kar lungi lekin tumhaare yeh taane nahi sunungi! " She yelled back at him as she couldn't take his scolding session anymore.

"Aur jo mai itni der se tumhaara wait kar raha tha uska kya? Tumhe pata hai mujhe parties se sakht nafrat hai lekin mai bardaasht kar raha tha toh sirf tumhaare liye but tum aayi hi nahi. Aakhir mei mujhe hi tumhe dhundne aana pada! " He bursted and she realised in that very moment, that  he wasn't just angry like that but it was justified.

"I am sorry! " She mumbled.

"Yeh accha hai, pehle galti karo fir sorry boldo jaise ki sorry word se magically sab theek ho jayega! " He taunted back in anger.

"Sorry keh toh rahi hu! Aur kya karu? Ab agar tumhe hamari diwali party yaha gussa karke hi waste karni hai toh go ahead, I am listening! " She said while sitting on the edge of the bed.

He sighed before holding her hand and making her stand in front of him.

"Sorry! Shayad zada gussa kar diya maine! " He mumbled softly making her smile.

"It's okay! Mai bhi sorry hu tumhe wait karaane ke liye aur tumhe toh pata hai na ki aisi situation mei mera dimaag nahi chalta! " She said making a small pout.

He chuckled at her cuteness before making her turn around so that her back was towards him.

He the softly held the strings of her blouse and tied it but in the process his warm hand touched her back cold back passing a spark of electricity within them.

He then looked at her face through the mirror and the moment her eyes met his, she blushed hard. That was the last straw of his patience as he turned her towards him and pulled her closer.

"Uhh.. Karan.. Diwali party.. " She uttered while she was enjoying the closeness.

"Tumhe sach mei jana hai? Mai toh kehta hu, woh party ditch karte hai aur ham apni alag party karte hai! "  He whispered softly while making an eye contact with her.

"Mr. Shergill bas kijiye! Thoda romance baad ke liye bhi bacha lijiye! " She said making some distance between them.

He strongly pulled her yet again, erasing the distance she made.

"Soch lo! Offer abhi kucch time tak hi valid rahega! " He said huskily as his warm breath fanned her face.

There closeness was making it difficult for her to think sanely as all she wanted was him to kiss her but she tried too hard to not give in to the heat of the moment.

"Soch liya! Ham party mei jaa rahe hai! " She said with a smirk while he looked at her cutely.

"Fine! Agar yaha rukte toh waise bhi Faizi aur Sidharth aajate ham dono ko dhundte dhundte! Better hoga ki ham party mei hi chale! " He reasoned though the option of them staying alone in the room still tempted him a lot.

"Yes Special Agent Karan Shergill, let's go! " She said while holding his arm as together the walked out.

______________________________________
Thanks for reading.