15. A Weak Woman

Nephele

"I was too demanding," I wince the second we get home, sinking into the couch. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take the negotiation way from you, to make promises on your behalf. I got carried away-"

"Nephele," he interrupts my rambling, laying a gentle hand on my thigh as he tucks in beside me. "You were perfect. Better than perfect. You were a natural," he praises me, a smirk falling to his lips. "Not to mention how sexy you look when you talk business."

I raise a brow in return, crossing my arms. "Really?" I taunt, leaning closer. He nods, glancing at my mouth, seeming to fall into a trance when my tongue peaks out to wet my lips.

"I don't think you understand the amount of restraint I just exercised not dragging you from that meeting so I could have you alone," he murmurs, playing with one of my curls.

I shrug, looking around. "We're alone now," I remind him, my lips grazing his. "And with any luck, you're fresh out of restraint."

He hums a bit before my lips fully crash into his, my body propelled forward. He matches the charge, his warm fingers digging into my waist. I smile, crawling on top of him, grinding my hips against his lap. His teeth sink into my lip in response, making me cry out for pain and pleasure that mingle so closely I cannot tell them apart.

His fingers gracefully tumble down my spine, unguarded by the fabric of this damn backless dress that I wish would disappear right about now. Mouth trailing down my throat, he grips my sides firmly, rolling me into his hips. I gasp softly at the sensation, feeling his desire even through our layers of clothing. He repeats the motion, pulling me closer against his hips, studying the catch of my breath through his copper lashes that tickle my lips he lingers so closely.

I anchor my fingers in his hair, sinking my teeth into my lip as my skin heats at his caress, a simultaneous shiver running down my body. He reaches a single hand up to curl around the back of my neck gently, rolling his hips against mine again. I gasp sharply as his fingers apply the slightest pressure to my throat, my head rolling back a bit.

When I look back down, my urgency is restored as my lips meet his, my arms wrapping around him as my tongue greets his. He pushes back, his grip tightening as his lips slant against mine. As his hands find my waist, flirting with hem that separates the fabric from my skin. I grind my hips against his once more, a lapse of strength that pulls a groan from his throat.

"We have a big day tomorrow," he murmurs, pulling back a fraction.

"I know," I reply breathlessly, tugging the hair at the nape of his neck, forcing him to look up at me. "Indulge me?"

He stares at me awhile, long enough for me to decide I like to watch his eyes when he looks up at me, his lips parted as he tries to find words. "You know I shouldn't," he mumbles, looking up at me through his copper lashes as his fingers run up my spine, this damn dress. "I don't want to push you too far too fast."

"Right," I mumble in response, looking away in embarrassment as my grip loosens the slightest bit.

"Besides," he says, pulling me closer, dropping his voice. "I have no intention of ravishing you for the first time when I cannot keep you through the morning."

I blush a bit at that, feeling myself crumble a bit, meeting his gaze again. But his words- while sweet- do almost nothing for the throb between my thighs. I climb off of him, knowing exactly what I'm doing. "Right," I reply, rolling my shoulders back. "I'll see you in the morning, then."

He blinks, clearing his throat. "The- the morning?" He stammers.

I nod, knowing he assumed I would be sleeping in his sheets tonight. "Sometimes I like to sleep naked," I disclose, shrugging deviously. "I figured that might be difficult for you to start sleeping beside on a nightly basis, am I wrong?"