60. Long Live

Nephele

If you would've told me five years ago that I'd be having not one, but two coronations.... I would've told you that you've got the wrong girl.

Of course in Creagach, I plan to take on the role of a more of a figurehead. I still have oversight into the government, the court, the generals, the parliament, but I think Creagach has had enough of overinvolved monarchs.

Beside, I have every intention of making some changes around here, and that starts with giving the power back to the people.

Still, they insisted on a coronation- I suppose I do look quite good in a crown.

"And do you, Nephele Speirling Vansera, pledge to govern the lands of Creagach with a generous spirit, a mindful heart, a sound mind," the ceremony- master prompts.

"I do."

"Then it is with the power invested in me by the isle to lay this crown upon your head, and you, Queen Nephele, shall reign true for the rest of your days," he says, slipping the crown atop my curls gently. "Long live the queen."

The room echoes the sentiment in agreement, and as I rise, the room sinks onto their knees, casting their gaze downwards. Only one meets my eyes, his defiant and amber. He smirks, giving me such a look that makes me blush, even with him knelt beneath me.

Shaking my head, I take my attention from him. "Rise," I instruct the room. They do, slow to stand, lesser fae and high fae alike, humans mixed within. Yes, I was already changing things around here. "Long live Creagach."

"Long live Creagach!" The room echoes as Eris takes my arm. As I lead out of the room. "Long live the Queen!"