Chapter 80

The oven dinged, Blair bending down to pull a tray of Bagel Bites out, setting them down on the stovetop

The oven dinged, Blair bending down to pull a tray of Bagel Bites out, setting them down on the stovetop. She turned off the oven, walking over to the fridge, calling over shoulder to Zoe sitting in the living room playing video games with Jason, "Hey little monster! Apple juice or fruit punch?" She looked up through the window above the stove. "And beware, there's only one right answer here."

"Apple juice, duh." Zoe responded without a second of hesitation.

Blair grinned, "That's my girl."

Jason yelled loudly in defeat as she shut the fridge door, "How?"

"I'm just a better bowler than you." Zoe said, sticking her tongue out triumphantly.

"Did you hear her?" Jason exclaimed as Blair looked through the window again. Zoe had begged Jason to play Wii Bowling with her when they had first walked in, which he had happily agreed to. The kid was a champion, wiping the floor with Jason. "Where are the manners on this kid?"

He picked her up, flipping her upside down. "I think we're gonna have to reboot her, babe." He said jokingly as Zoe giggled loudly. "She's broken."

"You're the one that lost!" Zoe argued. "Maybe you're broken!"

"The attitude!" Jason gasped loudly, dropping her carefully on the couch. "I think we just have to throw the whole kid away!"

Blair grinned, shaking her head as she put Zoe's lunch on a plate, "If we throw her away, then I made these Bagel Bites for nothing. I can't let all that hard work go to waste."

Jason glanced down at Zoe laying flat on the couch, "You're lucky, kid. She saved you."

Zoe stuck her tongue out, jumping over the couch as Blair walked in with the plate in her hands. She quickly sat in the chair at the small table, bouncing in excitement, "I'm starving, gimme."

"Hey, hey, hey." Blair laughed, lifting the plate out of the girl's reach. "Wash your hands, you impatient little monster."

"But I haven't even gone outside or done anything that would get my hands dirty." Zoe whined. Jason covered his laugh with a cough, reaching over to pick up their remotes. Blair gave the girl a stern look, refusing to lower the plate until she sighed, sliding off her chair. "I'll be right back."

She waited until Zoe walked down the short hallway to set the plate down with an amused grin. Jason jumped over the couch just as the younger girl had done just a few minutes before. Blair shook her head, "Great, now I know where she learned that move."

"It saves time." Jason grinned, kissing her on the cheek.

"Oh okay." She laughed, turning to face him completely. "My mistake."

"Don't make it again." He kissed her quickly on the lips. "It was very rude."

Blair grinned, kissing him again before looking over his shoulder down the hallway, "You're great with her. She really likes you."