*Promises Are Made*

Matt held hands with Gabby as they walked to the firehouse, snuggled up close to one another, giggling at each other's jokes and flirting tremendously. They were talking about the time Herrmann tried coaching a hockey team, and it didn't end well. The guy Herrmann talked to got him kicked out of the league.
Matt kissed Gabby's cheek and she smiled. When they neared the firehouse, they quickly stopped holding hands, wishing they didn't have to. "Matt this isn't fair. Why do we have to keep our love a secret?" Gabby asked as they walked toward the garages. Matt looked at her and smiled. "It's forbidden love," he replied winking, then playfully smacking her backside. "Hey quit it," she laughed as they walked in different directions, meeting their fellow friends inside.
"Hey welcome back Lieutenant," said Herrmann, shaking hands with Matt. "Thanks Herrmann. Who filled in for me while I was out?" Matt asked as he gave Otis and Cruz fist bumps. "That would be me," Herrmann said raising his hand up in the air proudly. "Let me get this straight... You filled in for me... And nobody died?!" said Matt joking around, making everyone laugh. "Very funny Lieutenant" Hermann replied patting Matt on the shoulder while rolling his eyes, walking away to the kitchen.
Gabby sat at the table in the kitchen and started drinking her morning coffee. Her friend Sylvie sat in front of the TV, shoveling ice cream into her mouth. Gabby stood up and walked over to Sylvie, sitting down next to her. "Hey there...are you okay?" asked Gabby as she watched Sylvie shovel more ice cream into her mouth. "No I'm not okay! I've been avoiding Cruz, and I'm trying to forget what happened between us. I wanted to be the one to call things off," Sylvie replied taking a huge bite of ice cream.
"Sylvie, you can't just shovel yourself up with ice cream. It won't take your pain away. When Matt and I were on our break, I did exactly what you're doing now," Sylvie looked at Gabby, her eyebrows suddenly raising up. "What do you mean... Were?" she asked staring at Gabby, waiting for a response. "Well..." Gabby mumbled looking around to make sure no one was listening.
"We're back together now, but we're keeping it a secret," Gabby replied pulling out her phone.
Sylvie's jaw was wide open, wide enough to where she could catch flies. "Oh my gosh Gabby that's GREAT! How long has it been since you two gotten back together?" Sylvie asked. "A couple days... Today's his first day back" Sylvie smiled at this and playfully poked her friend on the shoulder. "I'm really happy for you Gabby, I really am. Now I just have to hope to find a guy as great as yours," Sylvie replied.
Gabby looked at Sylvie before bursting out in laughter. "What's so funny?" Sylvie asked waving the spoon in the air. "A guy great as Matt? I think of him as that now, but before... You can't tell him I told you this but before... I thought of him as an..." Gabby said just as the fire alarm sounded. "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, House Fire. 1452 Morning Glory Drive" Gabby and Sylvie stood up and raced outside to the trucks. Sylvie jumped into the Ambo with Mills and drove away quickly, while everyone else, including Gabby, drove swiftly behind them in the trucks.