*Only Dreaming*

Gabby woke up, looking around the room. She was still in bed, and she looked at her clock. "3:30 in the morning?!" Gabby said to herself confused, realizing what had happened. She had been dreaming. If it were only true that Sylvie woke up from Alexa's touch. Being too excited had woke her up. She looked beside her and Matt was still sleeping, his hair all messed up in the front, his body freezing. Gabby slowly slid out of bed and placed their heavy blanket on top of his bare body, Matt snuggling closer into it, letting out a sigh.
Gabby slid on her slippers and quietly walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. She walked into the kitchen pouring her morning coffee when her cellphone started to ring. "Who would be calling me this early in the morning!?" she asked herself looking at the number, unknown. "Hello?" "He needs you Gabby. I'm not there to comfort him. He needs someone" Gabby froze. The voice, it was one she could never forget. "Shay?" Gabby asked, the line suddenly dropping, Gabby's heart racing. Suddenly the memory of Shays death came rushing back to her, the explosion, blood staining her hands. She could hear it all in the back of her mind.

"Shay!" Gabby screamed as she woke up, Matt jumping up and comforting her. Gabby was in a puddle of sweat, tears streaming down her face. "Hey whoa baby are you okay?" Matt asked holding her close, Gabby sobbing. "I can't take this Matt... I can't lose both Shay and Sylvie!" Matt rubbed her back, feeling his heart breaking for her. "If it helps, do you want to go down to Chicago Med today to see how she is? Kelly would probably like the extra company," Matt asked, Gabby nodding against his chest. "Matt, I heard the voice of Shay speaking to me. The whole explosion thing was replaying in my mind and I... It was all my fault! We traded places. She was standing where I was supposed to be when the beam came down," Gabby said, suddenly breaking down.
"Hey hey, Gabby look at me," Matt said putting her face into his hands, staring into her eyes. "We'll get through this... Together. You got to talk to me babe. The second something's bothering you, you gotta tell me... Okay?" Matt asked. Gabby placed her hand on his arm and nodded. "Okay," she replied back, Matt kissing her, making it feel like flames were about to ignite on their lips.
"Wow you're amazing," Matt said resting his head on Gabby's, Gabby smiling. "I love you," she said, Matt smiling back at her. "I love you too... Why don't we get up and head to Chicago Med?" Matt asked standing up. Gabby nodded, wiping her tears. "Okay," she replied getting undressed, Matt walking up to her and hugging her. He placed his arms over her belly and kissed her neck, breathing her in. "You smell like vanilla," Matt said, Gabby laughing as Matt sniffed her neck. "You're hungry aren't you?" Gabby asked him. "Yeah a lil," he replied placing his head on her shoulder, moving his hands down onto Gabby's bare belly.
"We haven't decided on a name for our little guy yet," Matt said, rubbing her belly. "What about Matthew, after you?" Gabby suggested making Matt smile. "Gabby, I want us both to name our son. I just don't want it to be what I want" Gabby smiled when she heard this. "Andy Matthew Casey?" she asked with a hint of wanting approval in her voice. Matt looked at the floor and laced fingers with Gabby, staring out of space.
Andy was his best friend that died in a fire, and he had blamed himself for his death but later realized it was just fate. Matt nodded. "I like that," Matt replied kissing Gabby's neck again before walking away, allowing Gabby to get the rest of her clothes on. He turned around and walked into their bathroom, styling his hair and spraying breath spray in his mouth. He coughed and Gabby heard it from the room. "Are you okay?" she asked him as she walked into the bathroom pulling down her shirt, placing a hand on Matts back. "Yeah I'm good. The spray hit me in the back of my throat," he replied, Gabby laughing. "Are you ready to go?" he asked, walking out into the living room, grabbing his keys. Gabby walked after him and slid on her shoes. "Yeah, let's go," she replied as they walked out of their apartment, closing the door behind them.