Chapter 29 *Stay With Me*

"Sylvie!" Kelly yelled as he jumped down from squad, running over to his camaro which had ran into a stop sign, hearing Alexa screaming in the back. Kelly immediately dropped his alligent and ran to the back of the car, quickly unbuckling his daughter and drawing her close to his chest. He then looked into the front seat of the car and looked at Sylvie who sat there unconscious, blood staining her neck.
"Cmon you guys, get her out of there!" Kelly panicked, Matt swinging his axe into the door, opening it slightly to where he could slide in a crowbar, wedging it open. By then the paramedics had arrived, the men at firehouse fifty one lifting her out of the car, placing her gently on the gurney, the paramedic's whisking her away. "Can I come with you?" Kelly asked still holding Alexa, the paramedic eyeing him. "What's your relation to the victim?" "Fiancé," Kelly replied climbing aboard, shutting the back of the ambo. They then sped away to Chicago Med, everyone back at the scene starting to help the ones in the sienna. "I didn't see her coming I swear!" a woman cried out looking back at her children who were crying. "Are you okay guys?!" The children nodded their heads at their mother and Herrmann opened the sliding door. "Alright you guys. Climb on out one by one," he said, the children doing as they were told.
"It looks like her legs are pinned in. We're going to need the jaws," Matt ordered, Mouch grabbing the tool as Rhodes stood by the truck. Matt took the jaws from Mouch's hands and placed it in between the woman's legs and the steering wheel and using all his might, squeezed the button until they had enough room to free her legs. "Alright she's clear!" Matt shouted, Cruz and Mouch rushing back over and helping Matt lift her and place her onto another gurney since they had called for a back up ambo.

"Her stats are dropping!" the paramedic yelled as they drove to Chicago Med, placing an IV into Sylvie's vein. "How far out?" "Two minutes," the driver yelled back, the paramedic in the back shaking his head. "Shooting morphine. This should help to keep her awake," he said, Kelly taking in every word. "Was the baby in the wreck?" Kelly looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah she was but she seems fine to me," Kelly replied, tears forming in his eyes. He remembered the first time he met Sylvie, her walking into the common room, stealing his heart right away.
She was beautiful, all dressed in her paramedic uniform, her blue eyes sparkling, leaving a warm feeling in his heart. He remembered the day clearly, also remembering when she started to see Cruz. It absolutely tore him apart seeing her with someone else. He thought he just had a thing for her, but it turned out to be more than just a thing. He soon realized that he loved her. Kelly wiped a tear that fell down his cheek, the ambo pulling up to Chicago Med. The driver quickly swung the back doors to the ambo open.
"Female twenty nine, car wreck. Unconscious at the scene and takes B negative," the paramedic told doctors as they took the gurney and ran down the hallway, bringing Sylvie into an examination room. "Was this baby in the wreck?" a nurse asked Kelly as he went to sit down, Kelly nodding. "Are you the father?" "Yes I am" The nurse smiled. "Would you follow me please? We would just like to check her out to see that she's all good. It's also standard procedure," the nurse replied, Kelly standing up and walking into an examination room, closing the curtain behind them. He couldn't stop thinking about Sylvie. He needed her, Alexa needed her. 'Stay with me baby...' he thought as Alexa was being checked out. He couldn't stop thinking about Sylvie. It killed him to not be in the room with her. 'Stay with me.'