Chapter 13 *One Isn't Lucky*

"Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambo 61, Battalion Chief 25, structure fire. 539 Southshore West" the dispatcher announced ringing the bells, everyone hopping into the trucks. Matt slid on his gloves and looked back at Gabby who was sitting back looking at him, not looking away. Matt stared at her with sorry in his eyes before he looked away. The whole truck stayed quiet on the way to the fire until Herrmann spoke up. "So lieutenant... Is there something you'd like to tell us?" he asked looking at Gabby and then at Matt.
Matt turned around and looked at Herrmann, shaking his head. "What do I have to tell?" he asked, making Herrmann roll his eyes. "About you and Gabby!" he exclaimed playfully elbowing Gabby in the side. "What about Dawson and I?" "You two got back together," Herrmann said, making everyone in the truck look at them crazy. "Really?" Otis asked surprised. Mouch just looked at them all and shook his head. "It was bound to happen... Again..." Mouch replied picking up his newspaper. Gabby stared at Gabby and sighed. "Yeah we're together again. I'm lucky she took me back," Matt said making Gabby smile. He then got out of his seat and stretched out reaching Gabby in the middle, gently kissing her lips. "It's getting hot in here!" Herrmann exclaimed, everyone laughing. Cruz rolled his eyes in the front seat but quickly smiled when Matt sat back down looking at him. "Congratulations. It was first Kelly and Sylvie, now you two," Cruz said gripping the steering wheel, making his knuckles go white. Gabby felt the tension in the truck, so she sat back and relaxed. "Oh yeah, just so you guys know we can't tell..." Matt started to say but then Gabby screamed. "MATT!" she yelled as a semi came crashing into the truck, making them flip twice before crashing into a stop light.

Kelly looked on in horror as Truck 81 flipped multiple times before crashing into a stop light. "Truck 81 is out of action. I repeat, truck 81 is out of action! Requesting for different companies to head out to the fire while we take the accident," Kelly yelled into his radio making Tony drive up next to Truck 81, hopping out of the squad truck.
"Ambo 61?" a dispatcher asked. "Ambo 61 here," Sylvie said as Mills drove to the fire. "Truck 81 had a collision with a semi. Reroute to the accident," the dispatcher said making Mills turn the ambulance around, heading to the scene. 'Oh my gosh! Gabby and Matt!' she thought in her mind. She felt sick to her stomach thinking about what had happened to them and Mills saw it in her face. "Don't worry Sylvie. Everyone's going to be fine," he said patting her shoulder. Sylvie looked at him and shook her head. "I know, but what about Gabby? She's been through so much already," Sylvie exclaimed as they pulled up. "Oh my god," Sylvie mumbled as she hopped out of the ambo, pulling out the stretcher. She saw Gabby's body lying outside of a busted window of the truck, not moving a single muscle.