Chapter 21 *Welcome Home*

"Kelly are you ready to go?" Sylvie asked as she swung the diaper bag over her arm, Kelly gently picking up Alexa from her cot, cradling her close. "You have the discharge papers?" Kelly asked leaning down, kissing Alexa's head which had a cute little pink headband with a flower on it. "Right here! I really want to get home so I can go lay down in my own bed," Sylvie said, waving the discharge papers in the air. "Alright then let's bounce!" Kelly exclaimed, making them leave the hospital room, walking out into Chicago's fresh air, Sylvie taking it in and savoring every bit of it.
Kelly walked over to the car and opened the back door to his camaro where he had installed a car seat. "Sylvie to be honest, I never thought I'd have a car seat in the back of my car," he said, placing Alexa carefully into the seat. Sylvie smiled as Kelly strapped Alexa in, and closed the back door. "There's a first time for everything! Wow how did you know how to do the car seat?" Sylvie asked as they walked to the other side of the car, Sylvie opening the back door. "Let's just say I've had experience," Kelly answered her, remembering the time Shay's friend had a baby and they cared for him. Sylvie nodded and sat in the backseat next to Alexa's car seat, Kelly gently closing the door. He then got into the drivers seat and started up the engine, slowly driving away back home.

"Matt, hurry up with the decorations, they should be back here soon," Gabby said as they decorated Kelly and Sylvie's apartment, pink balloons tied to chairs and a pile of gifts from everyone at the firehouse were piled in the middle of the floor. Gabby squeezed pink frosting onto the cupcakes and when she was finished, she licked her fingers. "Babe I'm trying! It's just that this stupid thing won't stick onto the ceiling!" Matt exclaimed as he stood on a chair holding a decoration, tape in his other hand. Then there was a knock on the door and Matt looked at Gabby, his eyes wide.
Gabby slowly walked to the door and looked through the peek hole where they saw Herrmann's face. Gabby quickly opened the door and pulled Herrmann inside who was carrying a pink teddy bear that had Alexa's name on it. "Thank goodness you're here Herrmann! Do you think you can help us set up?" Gabby asked him as she took the teddy bear out of his hands, smiling at it before she put it on the top of all the presents. "Are you guys throwing a small welcome home party?!" Herrmann asked as Gabby handed him confetti and a pink table cloth to put on the kitchen table. "Yeah, but before you do that, Herrmann can you find me a tack? Tape isn't working out for me." Matt said laughing, Herrmann placing his supplies on the counter, looking around for a tack. Matt stepped down from the chair and sighed as he walked over to Gabby who was sprinkling sprinkles onto the cupcakes.
He took his finger and swiped it underneath the tube Gabby was squeezing and popped frosting into his mouth. "Hey!" Gabby exclaimed playfully as Matt then took the remaining frosting left on his finger, rubbing it on Gabby's lips. He then kissed her and then licked his lips. "Why'd you do that?" she asked him as he kissed her again. "I don't know. For some reason the frosting tastes better coming off your lips," he said making her smile and giggle. "Hey Matt I found the..." Herrmann said but stopped as he watched Matt and Gabby kiss, and he smirked. "You can't get enough of her can you?" Herrmann asked, making Matt stop kissing Gabby, her glancing at Herrmann smiling and then placing her head onto Matts shoulder. Matt looked at Herrmann and eased his way away from Gabby, playfully hitting Herrmann on the shoulder with his fist. "You're darn right I can't," Matt replied turning around winking at Gabby before heading back over to the chair, climbing on it and hanging the decoration using the tack Herrmann gave him.