*Devastation*

Gabby and Matt ran through the doors of the ER, taking an elevator straight up to maternity. Gabby could feel her body shaking, Matt taking a hold of her hand and squeezed it. They both stared at each other with fright in their eyes as the elevator went up, not saying a word to one another. The elevator finally reached the maternity floor, Gabby and Matt running out hand in hand to the desk. "Andy Casey please in the NICU?" Matt asked, his voice trembling.
Gabby looked around and out the corner of her eye, she saw a little bassinet being rolled out with a little body on top of it, covered by a white linen blanket. Gabby slowly walked over and watched as they walked past and when she looked, she let out a loud sob. On the end of the bassinet hanging down was Andy's name with his footprints. Gabby fell to her knees and Matt ran over to her and kneeled down next to her, wrapping his arms around her. "That was him Matt..." she managed to say in between sobs. "That was him" Matt looked at the floor and squeezed his eyes shut, tears trickling down his cheeks. Part of him wanted to scream and lose it in the hallway, but he had to be strong for Gabby. "I'm so sorry Gabby. Our child, gone, " Matt cried under his breath, Gabby looking at him.
The doctor that delivered Andy came out of the room taking off gloves. He looked at Matt and Gabby who were in the hallway mourning and he walked up to them, placing a hand onto Gabby and Matts shoulder. "He's in a better place now," the doctor said making Gabby and Matt cry harder. Matt then stood up and looked at the doctor eye to eye. "Have you ever lost a child doctor? Have you!?" Matt yelled, Gabby standing up trying to calm him down. Everyone in the hall now had their attention focused on them, Matts heart boiling with anger.
"I actually have yes. I lost my nine year old in a fire last year," the doctor replied, his voice trembling, coughing to keep himself from crying. Matt backed off remembering the fire clear as day. "Was it the Wabash fire?" Matt asked. The doctor looked at Matt and nodded. Gabby stared at Matt and took ahold of his arm. "I remember that fire. We were the firefighters that went into that house to try and save her," Matt said, the doctors eyes widening. "You're a firefighter?" the doctor asked. Matt nodded and so did Gabby. "So am I, and a paramedic for 51," Gabby said, sniffling and wiping away tears. The doctor stood there in shock and shook his head, brushing off his hands. "Well, I'm sorry about your loss," he said before walking off, leaving Matt and Gabby standing in the hallway alone. Gabby then looked at Matt and buried her head into his chest. "I want to go home," she mumbled, Matt rubbing her back. He nodded and made their way back to the elevator. "I'll call Chief," he told her as they walked into the elevator, the doors closing behind them.