*Things Get Better*

"Can we head back to the apartment and watch movies all day or something?" Matt asked as he stopped staring out into space. Gabby placed a hand on Matts shoulder and nodded. "Sure. Do you want to invite some friends over? I know Sylvie and Kelly would probably like to join us" Matt looked at Gabby and then kissed her. "Sure, we'll make a double date out of it," he replied jogging back towards the apartment. Gabby pulled out her phone and looked through her contacts and called Sylvie. "Hey Sylvie. Matt and I are doing a double date at my apartment. Do you and Kelly want to come?" "Sure we'd love to but right now, this morning sickness is killing me and Kelly just ran out to the store to get some crackers. Supposably it helps," Sylvie said coughing.
"How far along are you?" Gabby asked as she walked after Matt who stood at the edge of the street waiting for her. "I'm 18 weeks. We get to find out the baby's gender soon. How are things going with you and Matt? Is there a baby in your future?" Sylvie asked. Gabby laughed and shook her head even though she knew Sylvie couldn't see her. "No not anytime soon but... Time will tell right?" Gabby replied. "Ok well, what time do you want us over there by?" "Let's say 12? I'll even order out pizza," Gabby said reaching Matt, holding his hand as they walked on the sidewalk.
"Can we do maybe 1? I have a doctor appointment later today at 11:30. I don't know how long we'll have to wait this time?" Sylvie asked. "Sure! See you then," Gabby said hanging up the phone, sliding it into her pocket. "How's she doing?" Matt asked as they turned the corner seeing Gabby's apartment building down the block. "She's great. She's actually 18 weeks along already," Gabby exclaimed, snuggling closer to Matt. "Gabby, I was just wondering... Is there a part of you saying that you want a baby, but another part is saying it's not a good time and that you're afraid?" Matt asked. Gabby looked up and Matt and nodded. "That's exactly how I feel. I feel like, maybe something will go wrong. Or maybe we'll split up again and" "Gabby, I'm not going anywhere," Matt said stopping and staring into Gabby's eyes, people walking past them. "Matt your only saying that because you want a child to call your own"
Matt shook his head. "No, half of that isn't true. I want to have a child with you because I love you. If you aren't ready, I respect that. Maybe later down the road would be a good time for us" Gabby laid her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Thank you for understanding," she said. Matt kissed the top of her head and squeezed her gently. "Anytime"