*Could've Done More*

"Gabby?!" Matt yelled as he ran into the firehouse and looking around seeing Sylvie sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Where's Gabby?" he asked her, Sylvie shrugging. "She said she needed some time alone and she walked that way" Sylvie pointed out towards the ambo, noticing it was dark in the back. Matt watched as the other guys walked into the house and when they weren't looking, he slipped away to the ambo, carefully opening the back doors. Sitting in the corner was Gabby who had her head tucked in between her knees, bawling. Matt hopped in and shut the back doors and walked over to Gabby who suddenly looked up.
"Baby," Matt said as he sat down next to her and drew her close. She sniffled and Matt noticed how red her eyes had gotten from crying. "How long have you been in here?" "It's...all...my my...fault!" Gabby cried, Matt wrapping his arms around her tighter, placing his chin on her head. "You did all you could. You know I love you right?" he asked, rubbing his hand up and down her back. Gabby then looked at him and nodded, giving him a small smile. "I know," she replied back, leaning in and kissing Matt slow and passionately. When Matt pulled back he looked at her and smiled. "Where did that come from?" he asked her but before she replied, she drew him close, placing her forehead on his and kissing him, her stomach getting in the way once and awhile.

"Has anyone seen Casey or Dawson?" Chief asked as he walked into the room where everyone was eating. Kelly shook his head while Sylvie nodded. "Yeah, they're in the back of the ambo" "Doing what?" Chief asked walking over to the back of the ambulance, everyone following. When he swung open the doors his eyes got wide, everyone laughing. Making out in the back of the ambo was Gabby and Matt, Matt's hair now all messy. "What's going on here?!" Chief asked slightly raising his voice, Matt staring at all of them embarrassed. "I was uh... Trying to cheer her up" "Yeah that cheered her up alright," Kelly said making everyone laugh harder, Matt helping Gabby hop down from inside the ambo. He then pulled her into a tight hug, everyone watching on. He then leaned down and whispered into her ear, "Remember, you did what you could" before drawing back and walking towards the house, everyone flocking around Gabby. "What did he say?" Sylvie asked, everyone nodding their heads in agreement. Gabby looked at everyone and placed her hands into her pockets. "He said... I did all I could" "Are you happy now?" Kelly asked smirking, Gabby playfully hitting him, wiping a tear from underneath her eye. She smiled at him and nodded. "Yeah I am. As long as I have Matt and you all here at fifty one... I'll be happy"
"Awe come here," Herrmann said hugging her, everyone wrapping their arms around the two of them. Rhodes stood in the distance and watched, shaking her head. 'I see favoritism runs alive and well in this house' she thought to herself. 'Well, let's see what I can do about that' Rhodes walked into the kitchen and poured coffee into a cup, sitting at the table, an evil grin spreading across her face.