Chapter 23 *Crumbling*

"Whoa what was that for?" Matt asked as he sat on the couch, Gabby sitting on his lap and facing him, kissing him again. "I don't want us to fight. It isn't healthy," Gabby replied making Matt smile. "I agree," he said kissing her. Suddenly Gabby felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket, Matt feeling it on his legs. She stood up and pulled out her phone and sat down next to Matt on the couch, turning on the TV, nestling up against him. "Hello?" "Hey it's Sylvie. Do you and Matt want to go to Molly's? My moms in town to come see Alexa for the first time so Kelly and I decided that we want to duck out for awhile," Sylvie asked. Gabby looked up at Matt. "Do you want to go to Molly's?" "Sure," he replied standing up, sliding his jacket back on, re grabbing his keys. "Alright we'll see you there," Gabby said hanging up the phone, sliding back on her shoes, walking over to Matt.
"Where were you going to go if I had let you leave?" Gabby asked him out of curiosity. Matt looked at her and gave a weak smile. "I was going to head to Molly's, and drink. I know once the baby is born I won't be able to ever do that again," Matt said patting Gabby's belly, holding her hand. "You ready?" he asked her. Gabby nodded and she opened the front door. "Lead the way," Gabby as she locked the door, walking down the hallway to the elevators. "You know I'll be driving you home right?" Gabby asked laughing. Matt looked at her and chuckled as they entered the elevator, it closing behind them. "Yeah I know"

"Hey you guys!" Sylvie exclaimed as Gabby and Matt walked into Molly's, Herrmann raising his hands in the air. "Thank goodness you're here! I need your help," Herrmann said grabbing Gabby's arm, Gabby yanking away. "Sorry Herrmann, I'm not working tonight," Gabby said smiling at Matt, nestling up against him. Kelly saw this and he made eye contact with Matt and using his fingers, he flashed the well done sign before Gabby looked to him. Herrmann rolled his eyes and playfully hit Gabby with the towel he held in his hand before walking back behind the counter, Matt and Gabby walking over to the table Kelly was sitting at, saying their hellos. Matt stayed standing as Gabby sat down, Matt placing his hand on her shoulder. "Would you like a Shirley temple?" he asked her winking.
Gabby looked at her friends and she looked back up at Matt and smiled. "Yes please" Matt playfully tapped her shoulder and walked over to the counter, pulling out his wallet. "One Shirley temple, hold the alcohol," Matt said to Herrmann, handing him a five. "Is it for Gabby?" Herrmann asked. Matt looked back at Gabby and smiled. "Yeah it is" Herrmann looked around and handed Matt back the five dollars and he winked. "Then it's on the house," Herrmann said as he turned around making the Shirley temple.
Kelly walked up to Matt and placed a hand on his shoulder and they both stood at the bar as Matt waited for Gabby's drink.
"You want to order something?" Matt asked Kelly as a woman from the behind the counter walked up to them holding a notepad. "No thanks," Kelly said making the woman smile and walk away. Kelly looked at Matt. "What did you do to make Gabby forgive you?" Kelly asked him. Matt looked at him and then at Gabby. "She forgave me," he replied still looking at her from across the room, Gabby turning around, seeing Matt staring at her, and she smiled.