*The Note*

Gabby coughed as Gordon poured gasoline around her, the smell of gas burning her nose. "Why are you doing this?!" she managed to cough as Gordon pulled out a lighter. "Because..." He flicked the lighter on. "My quest will be finished" Gabby watched in horror as he dropped the lighter, flames surrounding her. Gordon turned to walk away when Matt suddenly burst through the doors and ran towards them, Voight, Antonio, and Kelly following right behind him. "Gabby!" Matt yelled running through the flames, grabbing Gabby who was coughing uncontrollably. "Matt," she choked out, anger surging through Matts veins, making his blood boil. He swooped Gabby up into his arms and with his jacket, covered her as he ran back through the flames. Gordon looked at everyone before Antonio pushed him to the floor, sitting on top of him and throwing punches until Voight saw he had enough.
"Sylvie!" Matt yelled as he ran outside with Gabby's body in his arms, suddenly going limp. Sylvie grabbed the gurney from the back of the ambo and Matt laid Gabby on it, rolling her into the ambo. "I'm coming," Matt said, Kelly emerging from the building. "Matt what about your car?!" "Drive it," Matt replied tossing Kelly his keys, hopping into the back of the ambo. "We're heading to Chicago Med," Sylvie shouted slamming the back doors shut, turning on the sirens and driving away.

"Do you like killing people for a sport?! You killed my nephew and you tried to kill my sister. When I'm through with you, you're going to wish you were in hell!" Antonio yelled throwing in a punch. Voight shoved Antonio away and picked Gordon up who was covered in blood. "Let's get outta here!" Voight yelled dragging Gordon's body out of the house, the fire department showing up. Chief Boden got out of his car and looked around. "What do we got here?" he asked. Voight dropped Gordon's body out of his hands. "This animal is wanted for arson and murder. He attempted murder on one of your people, Gabriela Dawson," he answered, Antonio clenching his fist, wanting to use Gordon's body as a punching bag. Chief Boden nodded his head and stared at the two of them.
"Any update on Dawson?" Antonio shook his head. "She looks pretty banged up. Casey, Severide, and Brett brought her to Chicago Med a couple minutes ago" Chief sighed. "Alright. Let us know any updates when you get there" "Oh we ain't going there," Voight said crossing his arms. Chief Boden looked at him confused. "We're going to take this garbage into the interrogation room" Antonio looked down at Gordon and smirked. They were going to interrogate this guy, using their hands. "Alright let's go," Antonio said trying not to sound excited. He was going to have the chance to throw in a couple more lashes at Gordon in the interrogation room. The interrogation room had another name made up by the other detectives who worked in Intelligence. They called it the world of pain. Right now to Antonio, he couldn't wait to enter that room. Nobody was ever allowed to put their hands on Gabby because if they did, Antonio would make sure they never did again.

"Female 27, bruises to the head, smoke inhalation. Was given morphine at the scene," Sylvie reported to doctors who took the gurney down the hall to an examination room, a nurse stopping Matt. "Sir you can't go any further. Please wait in the waiting room for updates" "No I have to see her! Gabby!" Matt shouted, knowing she wouldn't be able to hear him. "Sir please..." "Casey!" Kelly yelled, Matt turning around. Kelly walked up to Matt and poked his shoulder. "We need to get back to shift..." "What?! No, I'm not leaving her" "Matt, she'll be fine! If you want, I'll have Sylvie stay here and give us updates" Matt looked to Sylvie who stood in the hallway looking at the both of them.
"What about Alexa?" Matt asked, looking at them both. "I'll pick her up from daycare and she can stay at the house with us," Kelly answered, Sylvie smiling. "Are you sure you want to do this Sylvie?" Matt asked her.  Without hesitation she answered. "Of course Matt! She's my best friend. I'll update you as soon as I hear any news" Matt sighed. "Alright," he replied walking past Sylvie to the front door. He turned around and watched as Kelly kissed Sylvie's lips softly and pulled her into a hug. "I'll see you later," Kelly said winking before walking out the doors with Matt. Matt wished so badly to be able to kiss Gabby's lips and to hold her in his arms. Matts heart was broken and the only way it could be mended was if he knew Gabby was okay.  He knew deep in his heart she was okay, but the situation was one of those things where he had to see to believe it.