Chapter 30 *Only Dreaming*

*A Week Later*
"Good morning," Matt said as he wrapped his arms around Gabby, kissing the back of her head. She turned around and faced him, smiling as she ran her hand through his hair. "Morning," she replied kissing him before sitting up and climbing out of bed. She quickly undressed and slid on her shoes, Matt watching on. "Where are you going?" he asked her as he got out of bed, sliding on a shirt and his shoes. Gabby looked at him. "I'm going to Chicago Med. I don't like how Kelly is there all alone with Alexa. Someone needs to be there for them," Gabby said grabbing Matts car keys, waiting for him as he slid on his jacket. "Matt you don't have to come..." "Gabby, I want to. Kelly's family, and you always gotta be there for family," Matt replied wrapping his arm around Gabby's shoulders, walking out the front door to the car.

Kelly sat asleep in the hospital chair when Alexa started to cry in the play pen next to him. Sylvie laid in bed still in a coma and not moving a muscle, seeming lifeless. "I'm here baby girl. Daddy's gotcha," Kelly said picking up his daughter, holding her close. She stopped crying and Kelly smiled down at his beautiful daughter, her eyes as blue as the sea. Her dark hair was starting to thin out, leaving her almost bald, headbands looking even cuter on her. Alexa cooed and reached up her hand towards Kelly's face, him kissing it. "Daddy doesn't know where he'd be without you right now sweetheart," he said bending down lower, kissing her forehead as Matt and Gabby knocked on the door, slowly walking in.
"We brought breakfast!" Matt exclaimed holding a bag full of Einstein bagels, Kelly smiling. "Hey you guys..." he said, Gabby walking over and taking Alexa out of his hands, giving her a kiss on her head. Gabby looked at Sylvie and she felt her heart shatter into many pieces again. "She's still in a coma?" she asked, Kelly nodding. "Yeah, the doctors are hoping she'll wake up soon. Her brain swelling has went down a bit but we're hoping for her to get it down just a bit more until they can medically take her out of the coma," Kelly answered, pulling a bagel out the bag and taking a bite.
Gabby sighed and walked closer to Sylvie's hospital bed, placing a hand on top of Sylvie's, a tear trickling down her cheek. "Alexa, tell your mama she has to wake up," Gabby said, Alexa staring into Gabby's eyes, Alexa smiling. Gabby placed Alexa down on the hospital bed, Kelly and Matt surrounding as Alexa placed a hand on Sylvie's face, suddenly cooing. Kelly smiled as his daughter touched her mothers face. Matt smiled at the sight also,turning around and walking away. Just as Gabby was about to take Alexa off the hospital bed, out of the corner of her eye she saw Sylvie's hand slightly move towards Alexa, touching her feet. "Guys look!" Gabby exclaimed silently, Kelly and Matt rushing over. Kelly started to tear up with tears of joy and Matt wrapped his arm around Gabby's waist, drawing her close and grinning. "She's waking up."