Chapter Five *Indescribable Feelings*

"Gabby!" exclaimed Matt as he ran ove taking Sylvie's place, holding Gabby close. "What happened!" he yelled helping Gabby slowly stand up. "Lieutenant I..." "Enough Cruz! I'm suspending you! Pack your bags, effective immediately," Matt said helping Gabby sit on the bench. Cruz turned around quickly and punched the lockers and walked out of the room, raging with anger. "Are you okay?" asked Matt as he placed a hand on Gabby's neck. Sylvie stood there and watched in awe at how much Matt cared for Gabby's well being , and seeing how in love he was with her.
Gabby nodded her head slowly and tried to speak. "Just took my breath away that's all," she replied looking at Sylvie. "Gabby..." Sylvie said kneeling down to her level. "You didn't have to get in the way" Gabby shook her head and smiled. "I needed too. I need to keep you and that sweet little bundle safe," she replied reaching a hand out to Sylvie to help her up. Sylvie gladly helped Gabby up and smiled. She looked at Matt who stood there with his hands in his pockets. Matt smiled back at her and looked at Gabby. "Is there anything you need before I head back to finish paperwork? And I mean anything?" Matt asked her. Gabby looked at Sylvie who nodded her head at Matt. "Actually yes there is...." she replied looking around making sure no one else was watching. Gabby leaned in and kissed Matt, Sylvie looking in awe. Matt quickly pulled back when he saw the locker room door open, and Herrmann walked in. "Hey there kids what are you guys up to?" Herrmann asked walking over to his locker, opening it. Matt glanced at Herrmann. "I'm actually about to head back to my office while these girls go eat some dinner," Matt replied, lovingly tapping Dawson on her hand and then winking at Sylvie before walking away into his office, closing the door behind him.
"We'll talk to you later Herrmann. Right now I'm going to get Gabby some ice," Sylvie said as they walked towards the door. "What does she need ice for?" Herrmann asked looking at them both. Sylvie and Gabby quickly exchanged looks and Gabby replied back, "I just need ice for my muscle. I think I pulled it earlier today"

"That was close!" Sylvie exclaimed as they sat on the couch, Sylvie handing Gabby a bag of ice. "Thanks Sylvie," Gabby replied placing the bag of ice on her stomach, making her grit her teeth from shouting in pain. "Maybe you should take time off work for a couple days if it's going to hurt like that," Sylvie said curling up her legs, turning on the T.V. Gabby then remembered how Mills was in the hospital. I mean she should care, he was her ex. "How's Mills doing?" Gabby asked as she relaxed. Sylvie looked at her and shrugged. "Last thing I heard from the doctor is that he should be cleared for work next shift, once he regains consciousness," she replied.
Gabby nodded when she heard the news and then she watched as Kelly walked into the firehouse, waving at the girls. Sylvie waved back and called him over, and she made room for him to sit. Kelly sat down next to her and he looked at Gabby. "What happened there?" he asked pointing at Gabby's stomach. "Pulled a muscle..." she replied laughing. Sylvie laughed along with her since things seemed awkward, but before Kelly got up to leave, Sylvie said, "Kelly wait...." Kelly looked at her and sat back down and relaxed. "Gabby is the only one that knows about the situation... But I just want you to know... Maybe for the baby's best interest..." Sylvie started to say but Kelly interrupted her. "Matt too," he said. Sylvie's eyes went wide when she heard the news. "Ok but anyways... I think it would be best if I gave this baby up for adoption..."