*Alexa Shay*

"Kelly!" Matt exclaimed as he walked into the ER with Gabby, holding hands. Kelly turned around from the vending machine and he nodded his head, quickly turning back around and hitting a vending button, making a honey bun fall out. "Follow me," he said walking down the hall to the elevator that led up to maternity. "How's she doing?" Gabby asked him as she squeezed Matts hand tighter, cuddling closer to him. Kelly looked at her and shrugged. "She's okay, just in pain from contractions," he replied as the elevator reached the floor, all of them walking out. They walked to the desk and Kelly pointed at the two of them. "I'm the father to the baby in room 3c and they're family" The nurse nodded her head and handed them guest passes, and they continued walking down the hallway to room 3c.
"Babe it's me," Kelly said when he walked in, motioning Matt and Gabby to walk in after him. "Hey guys!" Sylvie exclaimed as she watched them walk into the room, sitting on the couch they had in the room. "What are you doing here?" Gabby looked at her and laughed. "Did you really think that I was going to miss the birth of my niece?!" Gabby exclaimed making Sylvie laugh. "It hurts to laugh!" Sylvie exclaimed making Gabby stop. "Isn't the baby quite early?" Matt asked her as she went through another contraction. "Yeah, but the doctor did an ultrasound and said that she was perfectly fine. She will most likely be making her appearance into the world tonight," Kelly told them as Sylvie faced the pain of contractions.
Matt grabbed Gabby's hand and laced fingers with her. She looked at him and he smiled, patting her knee with his other hand.
"Did you call everybody else yet?" Matt asked. "Not yet, but we're planning to call them after she's born," Kelly answered as the doctor walked in. "Hey Sylvie how're you feeling?" she asked as she slid on the glove to check her progress. "Feeling like this girl wants to get out of me," Sylvie said as the doctor slowly lifted the blanket, Matt looking away. The doctor stuck her hand under the blanket and then she looked up. "You're nine centimeters dilated. Are you ready to have your baby girl?" the doctor asked calling in the nurses. Matt turned back around and stared at Kelly who stood there white as a ghost. "She's coming?!" Sylvie asked suddenly panicking. "Yep she wants to enter the world a bit earlier than expected. Who do you wish to keep in the room with you during delivery?" "Gabby and Kelly. Sorry Matt, I'd love for you to be in here but, you know" she said nodding her head down there. "I totally understand. Go and have yourself a healthy baby girl. I'll be waiting outside,"Matt said standing up, grabbing his coat. "Thanks," Sylvie said as the nurses prepared for delivery. "Good luck you guys," Matt told them before kissing Gabby who smiled at him. He then walked out the door and into the maternity waiting room, pulling out his phone.

"Alright Sylvie it's time to push baby," Kelly said as he held Sylvie's hand on one side while Gabby stood on another. "OK one, two, three, push," the doctor said, Sylvie pushing and screaming out in pain. "Oh my goodness Sylvie you can see her head!" Gabby exclaimed looking, suddenly smiling. It made Sylvie more determined to meet her daughter and within three gigantic pushes, little Alexa Shay was born. Kelly started to tear up when he saw his daughter for the first time and he watched as they placed Alexa's body onto Sylvie, crying tears of joy. Gabby stood by them smiling ear to ear as a tear trickled down her face. Kelly placed his hand on Sylvie's shoulder and he kissed both their foreheads as he started to cry. "She's beautiful!" he exclaimed wiping the tears quickly from underneath his eyes.
"Alright mom and dad, we're going to go check her weight and length. You want to come with us?" the nurse asked as she quickly picked up Alexa, placing her into a hospital bed for newborns, swaddling her up. Kelly nodded his head and he walked out the door with the nurse. "Can we stop at the maternity waiting room?" he asked the nurse making her nod and smile. "Matt!" exclaimed Kelly as they saw Matt, Matt quickly standing up. "Come meet your niece," he said, Matt walking right over, looking down at Alexa. "Wow she's beautiful! Can I?" Matt asked looking at the nurse, lowering his hand down onto Alexa. "Kelly you're a lucky man," Matt said as he traced his finger in Alexa's hand, Alexa grasping it.

"Sylvie you did an amazing job," Gabby said as she kissed the top of Sylvie's hand, rubbing it. Sylvie looked at her tiredly and smiled. "Thanks. Wow that was a lot more work than I thought it would be," Sylvie said, Gabby laughing. "Haha I'm next in line," Gabby said placing a hand on her stomach, smiling. "Did you see a doctor yet to see how far along you are?" Sylvie asked her as she took a sip of her water, placing it back on the nightstand next to her hospital bed. "I go tomorrow. Matts coming along also, he insisted on it" "Of course he would Gabby, it's his child too!" "That's exactly what he said!" Gabby exclaimed as she watched Kelly, Matt and a nurse walk back into the room wheeling in Alexa. "Babe your not going to believe this," Kelly said as he gently picked up Alexa, handing her to Sylvie. "Hi baby girl," Sylvie said kissing her daughters head. "She's precious," Gabby said rubbing her hand on Alexa's back that was swaddled up. "What is it babe?" Sylvie then asked, remembering Kelly's statement.
"She's exactly what you weighed when you were born, 5lbs 7oz, and she is the length of me! 20 1/2 inches!" Kelly exclaimed making Sylvie's eyes go big. "No way," she said looking at Matt and then back at Kelly. "Yeah she was, I was there as witness," Matt said looking at Sylvie and then down at Alexa smiling.