*Sneaking Around*

"Gabby!" Matt shouted when he saw that Gabby had collapsed on the kitchen floor, flames about to brush against her cheek. "Matt?" she asked him in a worried tone as he helped her stand up, Gabby rubbing her head. "Let's get out of here!" Matt exclaimed and they ran out of the house as it flashed behind them. "Are you okay? Do you need to get checked out?" Matt asked her as they stood by the truck, Gabby shaking her head. "No I'm good. I think I slipped on something though. It smelled like gasoline" Matt looked at her confused. "Gasoline? Who cooks with gasoline?" Matt asked. Gabby looked at him and sighed. "I don't think this was a kitchen fire Matt. I think this was done on purpose" "So, you think it's a form of arson?" Gabby nodded her head. "It's got to be because I'm pretty sure someone wouldn't cook with gasoline unless they were trying to kill someone" Matt walked up to Chief and told him what they discovered. "Once the flames and the union officials check out the house, I want you, Severide, and Dawson to come back and do an arson search," Chief ordered, Matt nodding in agreement. "You got it Chief, " Matt answered walking over to Kelly who was fighting the rest of the flames with truck 81 while Gabby sat inside the truck, since Sylvie had taken the victim to Chicago Med. Gabby knew that this house fire was going to require a lot of paperwork, so she pulled out a form and started filling in the questions.
"Hey Kelly... Chief wants you, Gabby and I to do an arson search later today, maybe after shift," Matt told him, Kelly nodding. "I have to watch Alexa today while Sylvie runs some errands, so I'll head out once Sylvie's home," Kelly responded, Matt nodding. "Alright, but just know we have to get it done," Matt replied patting Kelly's back before putting all their tools away, helping truck 81 wrap up their hose and store it away inside one of the compartments before driving back to the house.
"Ah Gabby what are you doing in here?" Herrmann asked as all the men piled into the Truck, Gabby getting up off the seat allowing Mills to sit. "No Gabby it's okay, I'll sit on the floor," Mills said. "Thanks Mills," she replied smiling, sitting back on the seat next to Herrmann. "Sylvie took off without me so, I needed a ride," Gabby responded, Herrmann laughing. "Ah so what you're trying to say is she couldn't handle you anymore and handed you over back to your fiancé!" Herrmann replied laughing, everyone else on truck laughing along with him except for Matt. Matt turned around and glared at Herrmann and smirked. "Same goes for you Herrmann! Why do you think Cindy's pleading you to work extra shifts? Maybe because she doesn't want you at the house eating up all the food in the fridge!" Matt said, everyone laughing at his comeback. Matt then looked at Gabby and winked, Gabby smiling. She knew Matt always had her back and when they got back to the house, she knew a way she could thank him.

"Lieutenant, can I have a word in your office please?" Gabby asked as they walked in from the fire, Matt looking at her with his big blue eyes. "Sure," he replied not knowing what was going to happen next. Gabby closed the door to Matts office and locked it and looked at him as he sat down on his chair. "Thanks for saving my life... Again," she said sitting on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck smiling. Matt looked at her and smiled back. "Anytime," he said kissing her, fighting over dominance of who got to control the kiss. Cruz then walked into the bunker room and Gabby had forgotten to close the blinds. Cruz's eyes widened at the sight and he ran back into the kitchen. "What's with the eyes Cruz? It looks as if you just ate something hot" Herrmann said as he flipped through a magazine, Cruz rolling his eyes. "Follow me if you want to see something hot," he said, everyone immediately standing up and following Cruz back into the bunker room. They all watched as they kissed and Matt suddenly pulled away and looked at everybody, them running off down the hall laughing and talking about what they just saw. Gabby saw them also and she looked down and placed her head on Matt's chest and laughed. "Do you think I just ruined your reputation lieutenant?" she asked laughing. Matt got up and closed the blinds, looking back at Gabby who stared back at him and shrugged. "I don't really care. I'd rather have you than my rep," he said walking back up to her and kissing her, not wanting to stop when there was a knock on the door. Matt threw his head back and walked to the door, unlocking it and opening it, Kelly standing with his hands in his pockets. "Can I talk to you and Gabby for a minute?" he asked. Matt nodded and let him in, closing the door and locking it again. "What's up?" Matt asked as he sat down next to Gabby on his cot, Kelly sitting in the chair.
"I don't think you guys should be kissing at work..." Kelly said, Matt looking at Gabby confused. "She's my fiancé Kelly!" "I know it's just that, I'm telling you this for your own good" "How can you say that when you and Sylvie kiss at work!?" Gabby asked. "Hypocrite," Matt said, Kelly standing up and looking at him angrily. "Matt! We are careful and sneak around while at work to be together. You and Gabby just kiss like nobody's watching, which by the way, everyone's watching! I'm telling you to start backing off and doing things in secret because union officials at the academy had secret cameras installed so now they get to watch everything we do! The only places they haven't installed cameras is the changing hall, bathroom, and showers," Kelly said making Gabby and Matt look at each other. "How do you know that?" Matt asked. Kelly looked at both of them and sighed. "I have proof... Follow me."