Billionaires Don't Fall in Love: Prolouge

It was the middle of the night, sleepless Athena tossed and turned trying to go back to sleep. Her parents had been arguing all night.

She stepped out of bed and hurried downstairs. Her mother lay in the middle of the living room floor weeping.

"Mommy?"

"Baby. Got back to bed okay." She stood up, quickly wiping her tears.

But the young girl couldn't. She couldn't until her mother stopped crying. Athena shook her head walking close to her mom.

"Don't be sad my beauty. Oh, look at these, curls. They're so pretty baby." She smiled while rubbing her hair. "Look 'Thena, mommy will be away for a while. Okay?"

"No." The child shook her head.

"Yes, baby. I'll be back in a day, okay? Please be good for daddy." She whispered.

"Where are you going?"

"I can't tell you exactly where, but just know that mommy is a super spy. I have to save the world and no one can know I'm leaving. So don't tell daddy okay?"

Athena nodded.

"Remember to take care of these beautiful curls. You get from your mama." She chuckled. "Okay, sit on the couch and count to thirty."

Athena did as told.

"Cover your eyes baby, not cheating."

Athena giggled and covered her eyes. She began her count to thirty as her mother hurried and grabbed her stuff. She rushed out the front door and into the car.

Athena stopped and peeked out of her fingers. Her mother was gone.

But little did young Athena know, she was gone for good.

THIS STORY HAS A MATURE RATING, IF YOU HAVE AN IMPRESSIONABLE MIND, THIS IS NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU. THANK YOU.