FORTY-EIGHT

Debating on a sequel. I'm not a sequel lover but the attachment I have to these characters...ALSO If you haven't already, check out my book THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US. Thank you. Happy reading!

* * *

"Listen to this. Athena Solana and Tobias Landon's wedding is hauling at us. Want to watch the wedding that cost three million? View it on CBS, ABC, and Fox to see the couple tie the knot." I read the article.

"She's gone bridezilla." Lotus hid behind the desk.

"No, I have not." I huffed. "Three days, Lo. Three days until I get married. It feels like someone has injected crack into my veins. Like I feel jittery. Side note, your office is well decorated."

"Thank you and don't babe. I'll be by your side okay!" Lotus frowned.

"I'm just freaking out. Everyone will be watching us get married. I wish we could just sneak off to a courthouse and get married. It would be so amazing, just us. This whole wedding was a gimmick. I don't want to feel gimmicky when I'm marrying the loml."

"Loml?"

"Love of my life."

I plopped down on his couch.

"I'm still upset that you didn't want to be a bridesmaid." I crossed my arms.

"I want to, but who else will make sure your every need is met? I want you to have the most stress-free wedding."

"Thank you. Okay so. The rehearsal dinner is tonight and I just want to give you a heads up."

"About?" Lotus questioned.

"Kaleb will be there."

"Well great." He sighed. "But for you. I'll be on my best behavior."

"Thank you, Lo."

"Who's singing at the wedding?"

"Bailey Elease."

"I could've guessed that. It would be cool if we did like a deal with her. Like she wears the clothes and promotes it."

"That's a great idea." I smiled.

"Thank you." He flipped his invisible hair.

"Athena." Bia folded her arms.

"Hi my love, what's up?" I questioned.

"Your dad is here."

"What?"

"Yeah."

"Did you see him?" I stood up.

"Yeah, but he didn't see me."

I sighed. "I can't even kick him out because it's his building. I'll be back."

I walked towards the lobby. He stood staring at pictures of the fashion show. He stumbled across the large portrait of me. I saw him smile.

"Daddy?"

"Hi, ladybug."

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.