FIFTY-THREE

"I have a question." I started while playing with Tobias' hand.

"Yes, my love?"

"When I'm old and bald and wrinkled, will you still think I'm beautiful?" I questioned.

"No."

I playfully shoved him.

"Truth be told, you'd always been beautiful to me, but that's not why I fell in love with you."

"You're in love with me?"

"Madly."

I smiled. "I'm madly in love with you, loverboy."

He cleared his throat.

"So why did you fall in love with me."

"Because there's no one like you and I genuinely mean that." He mumbled. "And you as a person sold me."

"Cheesy Landon." I ruffled his hair. "Your mom wanted some input from us."

"On?"

"Our song for when I walk down the aisle and our first dance," I said. "I was thinking and I had no clue. Since your taste in music is so great, any ideas?"

He thought to himself before nodding.

"So many songs, so many." He shook his head. "But when I look at you, a specific song plays in my head."

"What is it?"

"Wise men say."

"Shut up! I was thinking that too." I smiled. "For I can't help, falling in love with you."

He softly smiled.

"You're the cheesy one now." He laughed.

"I've been thinking so much. So much about our future and about how our house will look like. How our kids will look like."

"Kids?"

I nodded. "Yeah, kids."

"You changed your mind?"

"I was scared but I started thinking of the little moments. Like on a Christmas night, us scrambling, trying to wrap presents and assemble them under the tree. Then we hear a noise and get scared that the kids are up so we hide while trying not to laugh. It would crush us if we ruined the secret that Santa isn't real."

Tobias laughed.

"Then when the thrill of it is over, we sit on the couch eating the cookies and drinking the milk that the kids set out. Tired and overwhelmed but happy because we got to bring a little magic into their lives." I said. "Life is scary but you, yourself make it beautiful. It's so beautiful and I want to be a part of it."

"And I want to be there with you, every step of the way."

I smiled.

"Maybe we should get out of bed, I'd love to lay here forever but work calls." I sighed while sitting up.

"We could skip out today," Tobias said.

"You? Missing work? Where has my loverboy gone?" I questioned while kissing his cheek. "Get up my love! Remember your mom invited us for dinner."

Tobias let out a groan.

* * *

"Great. It's raining." I sighed as Anders pulled into the driveway. "Do you think your sister will like me? I'm nervous."

"Don't be. She'll love you."

Anders stepped outside while grabbing the umbrella. He opened the door allowing me to step out.