TWENTY-NINE

"Miss sue. Miss Sue. Miss Sue from Alabama. Her real name Susie Anna. Sitting in the rocking chair, eating that cornbread, watching that clock go tik tok, tik tok, she walla walla. Tik tok, tik tok, she walla walla. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, wash that mush right off of me. Moosha, moosha, moosha, freeze! Please don't show your butter teeth!"

I quickly closed my mouth while staring down Theo. I saw him crack a small smile before busting out into a fit of giggles.

"Aha! I won!" I exclaimed before tickling him on his stomach.

"I let you win!" He giggled.

"Alright, little man. We have to go to the doctors' office. You ready?" Tobias questioned.

Theo shook his head while poking out his lip.

"Is Miss Athena going?"

"Sorry, she has to get to work. But we'll have just as much fun! I'll take you to get ice cream afterward." Tobias smiled. "How does that sound?"

"No." He whined while grabbing my hand.

"It's okay, Theo. How about this, Tobias can drop you off at my work after you get your ice cream. Is that okay?"

He slowly nodded.

"Alright let's go man." Tobias grabbed his keys.

Theo hopped down from the couch while pouting. I stood up following them towards the door. He quickly hugged me before grabbing Tobias' hand.

"See you later." Tobias nodded before walking out.

This whole situation was weird to me. I couldn't see Tobias as a father, let alone having relations with someone else other than Lauren.

I walked into the kitchen and dramatically sat down at the island.

"What's up?"

"I have no friends Kaleb."

"You have me. Also, Valeria and..." he paused while slowly chopping vegetables. "That other guy."

"Lotus." I playfully rolled my eyes. "And yeah, they're cool, but I've only talked to them about work. I love them and we both look out for each other, but I need someone to complain to. Besides you."

"I'm flattered."

"I just need a friend who I can party with and go on shopping sprees with. I need another Kelsey." I huffed.

"How about Lauren?"

"You're not funny." I chuckled.

Kaleb smiled.

~

"I got ice cream!" Theo ran in while jumping around. He stopped in his tracks. "But I ate it all."

"I see you've gotten some on your shirt." I chuckled.

"Oh no." Theo frowned. "I'm tired. May I take a nap on your couch?"

"Of course." I nodded.

Theo ran across my office and laid out on the couch. It didn't take long for him to quickly go to sleep. Tobias made a tired face causing me to giggle.

"He has a lot of energy."

"A lot. Did he make you carry him everywhere?"

"No, I only think he trusts you to do so. He really likes you." Tobias smiled. "You're great with kids."

I smiled.

"I just want to say, Lauren and I aren't together. I didn't want it to seem like I didn't care about the whole situation. I'm not sure why she was in my room or how she got in, but I broke things off." He awkwardly said.