FORTY-SEVEN

Hello! Before you read this chapter, I want to announce that I released a new book titled "The difference between us." Please check it! The first two chapters have already been released. Thank you and happy reading my loved ❤️.

~

The wedding was a week away and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I kept myself busy to push off the thought that I was going to be someone's wife.

Well, not just someone.

Tobias Landon. The love of my life.

I shook my head before heading to my emails.

Anteros Johnson
47 attachments

He sent it to me. I never got around to my email because I didn't think he did. With all that happened, I forgot the biggest problem.

We had to take down my mother. I clicked the first attachment. It was a meeting between my uncle and my mother.

I quickly grabbed my notepad and pen.

~

"Titi." Lotus walked in before sitting down in the chair. "We have to start brainstorming for New York Fashion Week. Valeria is gonna come in a minute."

"Not right now."

"You've been glued to your computer screen for." He checked his watch. "Six hours."

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying to." I sighed. "I don't even know. I'm going crazy."

"I know." He chuckled." You missed your doctor appointment today for your birth control shot."

Lotus looked at his iPad.

"You missed your staff meeting. You're missing everything."

"I missed it last month." I shrugged.

"Is it because of the wedding? Is this why you're stressing. Getting cold feet?"

"Yes, but it's just cause I'm scared. Tobias is my first boyfriend, kinda, fiance, my everything. I'm in love with him but I'm so scared, you know?"

"I know baby." He sighed. "And it's okay to be scared. This is all new to you."

"Yeah." I nodded. "Sorry, where's Val? We can talk about these designs now."

"She's about to be off lunch." He looked at his watch.

"I'm here!" She smiled while walking in. Eros came in behind her.

I smiled.

"Eros, can I talk to you quickly?" I questioned.

He nodded. I stood up and we walked outside.

"What's up, baby sis?"

"When Anteros found those files, he sent them to me before he was shot. I found it in my emails and I've been going through it. All of this could incriminate mom and my uncle."

"I thought we were over this, Thena? Our brother got shot, he almost died."

"Eros, mom needs to go down. She's hurting too many people."

"You want to do that? Huh? While Anteros is hurt?"

"This is more than just Anteros for you. You're protecting mom for some odd reason. Why?"

"Because she's my family and I won't sell her short to someone who isn't. The Landons lose their business. So what? They have so much money in savings that they won't care about it. They got into the deal knowing the possibilities."