TEN

"These are perfect!" Mrs. Landon squealed while looking at the Christmas card invitation.

"Why did you send one to us?" Tobias questioned.

"As a souvenir. I sent one to myself to feel special."

"These are lovely, Mrs. Landon." I smiled while holding the card.

"Kiss up," Tobias mumbled. I nudged him in the stomach.

Apparently, every year, Tobias throws a mixer at his penthouse. Since we've recently gotten 'engaged', Mrs. Landon took this as a PR opportunity.

"Do you like how I decorated the tree, Athena?" Mrs. Landon questioned while walking towards it. "I wanted to do a modern look so I went with white and gold."

"You hired people to do that."

"I did, but I came up with the idea. Tobi stop trying to still my shine." She scoffed while flipping her blonde hair from her shoulder. "Athena, baby you look beautiful on these cards. Forget what your father says, you need to always wear your hair curly."

"Thank you, Mrs. Landon."

"Please, call me Beverly." She smiled. "Well, I have to get going. Don't forget, the cleaning service is coming tomorrow. Tell Kaleb to start preparing food tonight. Athena, my stylist should be dropping off your dress tonight."

She grabbed her purse.

"Au revoir!" She waved before walking out.

"I love her." I smiled.

"Of course you do. All she does is compliments you. Me on the other hand, it's always a correction." He shook his head.

"Tobi, sit up straight! Tobi put my purse on the couch." I mocked while following him around.

"You sound just like her."

"Kaleb! Make sure to ferment the cocoa beans for the chocolate. I want everything natural and organic." I mocked.

"Yes, Mrs. Land- Athena." He shook his head. "I thought you were her."

"What's shakin' bacon?" I questioned while grabbing an apple.

"Just setting out some ingredients and making sure I have all of the produce to cook tonight," Kaleb mumbled while writing something down on his list.

"Boring!"

"I know."

"I can't come to the mixer?" Lauren busted through the door. "The mixer you throw every year, I can't go because of her?"

"Lauren, I said we were going to talk about this." Tobias huffed.

"You're so wrapped up in this whole arrangement, you never look back and see how I feel! You tell me you love me but then do sneaky shit like not invite me to anything."

"Lauren. Let's talk about this outside." He huffed while grabbing her hand.

He walked the two out onto the balcony.

"Trouble in paradise." I winced. "Kaleb, do you have the guest list of all who is coming?"

"Yes, Luca will be there."

"How do you know about Luca?"

"I saw the takeout bag of sushi. Tobias only eats the sushi off of the third avenue. You also don't go anywhere unless I cook or Tobias brings it to you. Also, that was the same day that he was supposed to drop off the statement. I remember because you gave me a break. And, when Tobias left the statement, you were eager to bring it to him."