FOUR

"So let me get this straight. You are in an arranged marriage with Tobias Landon who has a girlfriend?" Kelsey questioned.

"Yes. Lauren James."

She reminded me of my mother. Her tall beautiful, stature, and dark melanated skin. I understood why Tobias was in love with her.

We went to the same private school. We were close along with Kelsey. Our families hosted dinner at each other house every Sunday night. But then there was bad blood and we split. Kelsey stayed with me and Lauren made a new group of friends.

That didn't stop her from liking shady tweets about me on Twitter or throwing direct shots.

The door opened and Kelsey quickly exited from her page. Tobias stood with his briefcase and a steel cup.

"Hi, I'm Kelsey." She quickly stood and stuck out her hand.

Tobias motioned towards the items in his hand. He gave her a quick smile before disappearing off into his office.

"You're right, he does remind me of your father." Kelsey shuttered. "But tonight, we'll get our minds off that asshole. We need to get hot as fuck and go party. Like the old times."

"Hell yeah!" I stood up while dancing around. "Can we please get drunk! And high too."

"Hell yeah. What's an Athena and Kelsey outing without one of those?"

~

The best friends did what they planned. Kelsey sported a short, silk black dress with diamond stilettos. Her blonde hair cascaded around her face in wand curls.

Athena wore a rhinestone dress. She had her curly hair up in a bun with Chablé earrings dangling from her ears.

The girls were on their second shot.

"You have to stop me if try to dance with anyone," Athena yelled over the music while showing Kelsey the ring. "Can't get caught lacking."

"Of course. Stick with me throughout the night."

"You got the lime?" Athena questioned while holding the shot glass in her hand. Kelsey nodded. "Alright, one, two, three."

The girls tapped the glass on the table before quickly drinking the Tequila. Kelsey rushed the lime in her mouth and shook her head.

"Woo!" Athena yelled. "I don't know about you, but the dance floor is yelling for me to come."

Kelsey dragged Athena to the dance floor and smiled.

"Show me what you got!" Kelsey yelled. "But don't twerk on me, they're gonna think we're gay again."

"Oh my God. Kelsey, you won't believe who's here." Athena pulled her best friend close. She turned to Kelsey facing her direction.

"No way. We were just talking about her."

"Lauren doesn't party. She must've known I was here."

Athena wasn't big on confrontation. Things like that made her extremely anxious and nervous. She panicked before hurrying towards the bar.

"Four shots of tequila, please!" Athena yelled to the bartender.

He nodded while laying out four shot glasses and filling them to the brim. Kelsey stood next to her and nodded.

"Oh, so we're getting fucked up, fucked up?" Kelsey grabbed the glass. "No lime, let's take it like a champ."

Athena nodded. They took the shots back to back before screaming.

"I feel it! Please let's go up to the VIP section." Kelsey grabbed Athena's hand and took the two up.

They danced along to the music.