THIRTY-NINE

"We did it, Val." I smiled while looking around the venue. "Can you believe the show is in a week? I mean I was just arguing with the lazy ass board to give me creative control."

"Hard work pays off." She smiled. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." I sighed. "So lineup."

"Right." Val smiled. "We'll have Bailey Elease perform in the middle as the models walk out."

"No fucking way! Sorry, excuse my language." Bia covered how mouth. "Bailey Elease? How did you get Bailey Elease to perform?"

"I asked her." Val smiled. "Big fan?"

"The biggest! She's so cool. She's twenty years old and is a pop sensation." Bia smiled. "Will I get to meet her?"

"Yes. You get to spend all day on show day with her." I smiled.

"Wow. You're the best!" Bia hugged me.

"Athena," Tobias said while walking towards us with two-sack lunches. "Eat!"

"I can't right now. I told you I'm busy."

"Nope. You taught me not to overwork myself, now I won't let you do the same-" He looked at Bia before looking at me. "What?"

"What?"

"The resemblance is uncanny."

"Wow. You're hotter in person." Bia said. "I said that out loud, omg."

"I forgot you two never met face-to-face. Tobias, this is Bia, Bia this is Tobias."

"Nice to meet you." He shook her hand. "I brought lunch."

"Thank you. I'm not hungry, Athena forced me to eat." Bia rubbed her stomach.

"Did Athena eat?"

"No."

"Bia! You're supposed to be on my side."

"Take her on a timeout." Valerie winked before tapping away on her IPad. "I'll make sure Bia stays out of trouble."

"Let's go." Tobias grabbed my hand before walking me to the break room. He pulled out a chair and I sat down.

"I have a smoothie that I've been drinking. I'm fine. This isn't necessary."

"I know you're still upset with me."

"I'm not." I sighed while opening the sack lunch. It consisted of a sandwich and kale chips.

Tobias sat down.

"How's the winery," I mumbled.

"Pierre Fleur has stepped in to help. He's offering to buy Ias winery but I just don't know. If I say no, he'll pull out as an investor but if I say yes..."

"Ias winery wouldn't be yours." I finished. "Don't do it."

"I'm debating."

"You've worked too hard."

"I know. Moving on." He shook his head. "Everything going good? Stressed out?"

"Stressed is an understatement." I took a bite of my sandwich. I swallowed before talking again. "I just feel like... nothing it's stupid."

"No, say it."

"I just feel like I haven't done enough. Even though I worked on this for so long, I just."

"Don't feel confident?"

"Not at all. I know these designs are great but I'm terrified about what everyone will say."