SEVENTEEN

"I have a long day today. That's the only reason I'm up so early." I sighed. "I have marketing meetings, manufacturing meetings, design meetings. Every meeting you can think of."

"Well lucky for you, this coffee is imported from Columbia. It'll keep you up." Kaleb smiled. "How do you want your eggs today?"

"Softly scrambled please."

"Coming right up."

"Also, I'm meeting with a bunch of seamstresses to put together the looks. We have all of them completed."

"Please tell me I get an invite to the show."

"Are you kidding? Of course, you do, front row with me." I smiled. "I'm so happy. We're far from the runway, but I can't believe that it's coming together."

"I'm proud of you."

We heard a bunch of commotion in the living room.

"We should check that out." Kaleb placed the eggs on a paper towel so they won't roll off. I nodded.

We both stood up and walked into the living room. There were boxes of shoes that had fallen all over the floor. Lauren smiled while holding the small dog in her hands.

"Whoops, sorry." She chuckled.

"Uh? What are all these shoes and clothes doing in the middle of the floor?" I questioned.

"Oh! Tobias didn't tell you? I'm staying here for a week."

Fuck.

"Staying, for a week?"

"Yes. My penthouse is being remodeled so for the time being, I'm here." She smiled. She sat the small dog down and he ran around.

"Ah! No!" I exclaimed as it came near me.

I loved animals I was skilled in riding horses, but Lauren's dog looked like an evil spawn. It was an old chihuahua that was decorated in pink sparkles and a bow.

This week was going to be long.

~

"I created something that I love." I stood back looking at the mannequin.

"Athena, that is amazing." Valeria smiled.

"How did you do it?" Lotus questioned.

"Well, I saw a bunch of scraps on the floor and immediately I thought of a patched dress. So I took the diamond material and the silver material to create a pattern." I smiled. " It's pinned together right now, but I plan on taking it home to work on it more."

"You have an amazing eye." Valeria sat down.

"Thank you. Lotus, what time is the next meeting?"

"In an hour."

"Perfect a break. You guys wouldn't guess what happened." I sighed while sitting down at my desk.

"What's up?"

"Lauren is spending the entire week at the penthouse because hers is being remodeled. I don't know how I will deal."

"Oh my. Please don't kill her, although it'll be hard not to." Valeria shook her head.

"I'm gonna try." I sighed. "She's insufferable and annoying."

"Just keep your distance. Only come out of your room when it's time to eat. And if you can't survive, call me and come over."

"Thank you Val."

The day had smoothly gone but. I went through all of the boring meetings. Soon I found myself back at the penthouse. I slowly walked up the stairs and into my room. I furrowed my eyes at the ripped paper that lined the floor.

I placed my stuff down and followed the paper trail. My mothers' fashion book laid on the floor. The pages were torn into pieces.

"No. No. No." I quickly picked it up, but it fell apart.

How did Lauren's dog get into my room? My body filled with anger as I stood up and grabbed the remainder of the fashion book. I hurried down the stairs. I busted into the kitchen.

"How did your dog get in my room!" I exclaimed.

"What?" She questioned.

Tobias gave me a confused look.

"Your dog! He went into my room and ripped up my mothers' fashion book." I yelled while holding up. "Which means that you were in there as well because my door was closed."

"My dog didn't do anything."

"Then explain the small bite marks and why is it wet?"

"What are you accusing me of."

"I'm accusing you of going in my room and making your dog chew my shit. You had no right!" I yelled while tossing it down in front of her.

"It's just a book. Are you going broke? Can't afford a new one?"

"It has my mother's name on the front, you knew what it was you bitch!"

"Woah, Athena you need to calm down." Tobias stood.

"Exactly. I didn't go into your room but it was a mistake on my dogs' behalf. He's a dog, it's what dogs do."

"So your dog knows how to open my door and go in my room?"

"Apparently." She chuckled.

"It's not funny Lauren!" I yelled.

"But it is. You're obsessing over a notebook."

"Just take a walk Athena, and calm down," Tobias said.

"I can't calm down. Can't you see? She did this on purpose. You will not invalidate me like I'm overreacting."

"You are." Lauren scoffed.

"Please stop talking to me before I kill you."

"I can do whatever I want. Tobias, you're going to let her threaten me?"

We both turned towards Tobias as he sighed. He looked at me, with a sorry expression before clearing his throat.

"Enough, Athena. Leave out of this kitchen."

"But-"

"Leave now." He demanded.

I scoffed while shaking my head. I hurried out of the kitchen and up to my room. I pulled out my phone.

"Hey, Val. "

~

"I mean he just took her side."

"I expected him to. It's the wrong side, but he did it so he wouldn't get in trouble with Lauren."

"I know, but he knows what that means to me." I sighed while shaking my head. "I got so mad because I barley have things of my mom, besides the journal."

"I know." Valeria sat down while rubbing my back.

"It meant a lot to me and he knows that it did. I cried to him about my mom and for him to just-" I stopped myself.

I shook my head.

"I shouldn't expect anything. Laurens feelings will always trump me. Wrong or right."