FORTY-THREE

"Okay, so I've been knowing you for almost a year now and I still haven't met your husband," I said while playing with the orange in my hand. "Why?"

"I don't know. Micheal and I haven't been good lately and I don't want to pretend like we are." Kaleb said while whisking the eggs. "Cheese?"

"Not today." I shook my head. "You don't have to pretend, but you two love each other and want it to work. Maybe start by introducing him to your friends."

"Noted. I'll set up a dinner."

I began tossing the orange in the air. Tobias walked in and caught it before kissing my cheek. I blushed, while shyly looking away.

"Good morning, everyone. Today is a great day." He smiled. "I'll see y'all later. Busy day in the office."

He walked out.

"I'm missing something so fill me in!"

"We're dating! Like we were, but like we're dating now. Like for real this time." I smiled.

"Thena! That's amazing!" Kaleb cheered. "I knew it! I knew it! I called it from day one."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I read a lot of romance novels. Enemies to lovers, I hate you to I love you." He smiled. "Can't believe I've witnessed one."

"We weren't enemies."

"Oh, darling." Kaleb chuckled. "You two couldn't stand each other."

"Okay true." I nodded. "I use to think he was the biggest ass. Now, he's just so sweet."

"I'm happy for you two."

I smiled.

***

"Okay so Lolo, Riri, and we need a nickname for Athena." Valeria twirled in my desk chair while tapping her chin. "Thena! Good morning."

"What's up?" I questioned while walking towards the bouquet of pink roses. "I thought my mom was done with this shit."

I plucked the card.

You look beautiful today and always ~Tobias.

I smiled while holding the card close.

"What did it say?"

"Nothing. What's up with the nicknames."

"Riri and I decided that we need to have nicknames for each other because that's cute." Lotus smiled. "So I'm Lolo, Valeria is Riri. We just have to find one for you."

"I thought my nickname was Thena." I pouted.

"That's generic. My nickname for everyone is Val. We need a secret code for our trio."

"Ohh trio, I like this idea."

"I was thinking Titi." Valeria smiled.

"But I was thinking Attie," Lotus said. "It's very unique."

"Which one should we do?"

"They're both cute. I don't know." I shrugged.

"I was thinking Titi because we have, Riri and Lolo. Titi flows." Valeria said.

"You're right." Lotus nodded. "Titi it is."

"I love y'all so much." I chuckled. "Also I have some news."

"Yeah?"

"Val, will you do me the honors of being my maid of honor?" I questioned.

She squealed before jumping around. "Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I'm going to write the best speech and you will cry your ass off!"