FIFTY-TWO

The sound of the baby echoed through the house. The two young boys ran around while pushing each other.

"Boys! Boys!" The frazzled woman yelled while combing her hair.

One caught up to the other before pushing him down. The little boy cried.

"Vince! My love! The girl is crying, please attend to her." Kaelyn walked over. She grabbed young Eros' hand before popping it. "Do not push your brother."

"I already got her." Vince rocked her back and forth. "It's okay, daddy's got you."

"Eros, apologize to your brother right now." She stood Anteros up.

"No!" Eros ran off. Anteros followed after.

Kaelyn sighed while standing to her feet. "She never cries when you hold her."

"I have a special touch." Vince smiled to himself. "Isn't that right, Luna?"

"I told you we aren't naming her Luna."

"I know. I just don't want to call her 'the girl'. She's worthy of a name as gorgeous as she is. Luna is my mother's name." He stared at the infant.

Kaelyn's phone buzzed and she sighed. "One second."

She grabbed it before going into the patio.

"Beverly, did you meet with Vinces' brother?"

"I can't get involved in this Kaelyn. I'm with the Landon's now. My involvement is their involvement."

"Well, you have no choice. I convinced Vince to invest millions in your company. You owe me." She looked around.

"Is there anything else I can do?"

Kaelyn huffed while staring off into the sunset. "Let me think of something."

She hung up the phone before walking back in.

"Would you like to feed her?" Vince questioned.

"I need to go to my study."

She slowly walked back to her office before locking the door. She dialed a number before holding the phone to her ear.

"Kaelyn."

"Nicholas."

"Why are my sons at your husband's house?"

"Because I wanted to see my boys. I can't take care of my children?"

"Where are they now?"

"Napping."

"This better be important. I had to step out of a deal with an investor."

"Beverly doesn't have the money."

"What?"

"She doesn't have the money, Nick. I don't know what to do. I can't tell Vince that his brother might kill me and his kid if I don't pay up." She sighed while looking through her calendar.

"He'll kill me first! I told you not to do business with him but you don't listen! Fuck, Kaelyn."

"You did it with him first! That's why I'm stuck in a marriage. That's why I had to carry a child who I don't even know if I love. A girl who doesn't have a name because I don't want to come to terms that she's mine. It could have been just you and me and the boys, but went and got into some shit!"

"A marriage you agreed to. You'd been sleeping with him for years. Even while we were together. You introduced me to his brother knowing you were sneaking with him. Marriage couldn't have been that hard."