TWENTY-SEVEN

"Thank you for staying down with me." I smiled. "I didn't mean to freak you out, a lot of things were going on in my head and I just needed to escape."

"It's not a problem. I need a bit of a vacation from work." Tobias chuckled.

"I'm nervous."

"About?"

"Talking with my mom. I don't know how it's gonna go." I looked down while playing with the sand.

"I can go with you if you would like?"

"No that's okay. Thank you though."

"How did you manage to get a presidential suite on short notice? Especially in Turks and Caicos." Tobias questioned.

"My dad owns it. I have my own room."

"Makes sense." He nodded.

I sighed while laying my stomach down.

"What does your tattoo say? The spine one."

"It says, but still, like air, I rise. The writing is a little small. It's from one of my favorite poems." I smiled to myself.

"Maya Angelou. I enjoyed analyzing that in school."

"It's so powerful."

"You have four others?"

"Yeah. I'll show you them." I sat up.

Tobias nodded while pulling his knees to his chest.

"I have the spine one. Then I have one under my boob. It's a bouquet that has falling petals that turn into a butterfly. Then I have one behind my ear." I moved my curly hair out of the way.

"Koda?"

"Yeah. I had a dog when I was younger, named Koda. I loved him with all of my heart. He died when I was eighteen so I got a tattoo in honor of him." I softly said while reminiscing on my late dog.

"That's sweet."

"The third one is this sun." I pointed towards my side. "I got it because I was bored."

"And the last one."

"It's a matching one, with Kelsey. We were obsessed with Grey's anatomy. It says 'you are' on mine'..." I held up my forearm. "On hers, it says my person."

"Oh."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "I thought she was. I don't regret it though, I could easily disguise it."

"Are you going to talk to her?"

I shrugged while staring off at the waves. "I don't know. My heart hurts too bad right now."

"She was worried sick when you went missing, maybe hear her out."

"She was guilty, not worried. I bet it was eating her up inside, especially since you guys thought I was...you know." I sighed. "I hope it hurt her as much as I'm hurting right now."

"Athena. I know we talk a lot about going our separate ways when this arrangement ends, but I want to let you know that I'll always be here for you. No matter what."

"Thank you." I smiled. "What about tattoos. I see a lion."

"To be honest, the sleeve is random." He chuckled. "But the lion is very significant."

"How so?"

"Lions are strong. It represents power."

"It does. So are you sticking with a half sleeve or going full out?"

"I've been debating. The half sleeve is easy to cover. Do you know? Have to remain professional. But a full sleeve is much..." He trailed off.

"Sexier."