TWENTY-FOUR

I stared out the glass windows. I loved doing it when it was cloudy. Usually, any building that I stayed in was at the top, meaning we would be above the clouds. It felt like I was in the sky, floating with no thought on my mind. Weird enough, something comforted me about not being able to see the ground.

"No one knows we're here." Tobias sighed. "You can't let anyone know the address. Not even Kelsey, I trust her but no one needs to know."

"I know. She's back in L.A anyway." I sighed. "I really appreciate you helping me."

"Of course." He sat down next to me on the couch."Sometimes I wish I would jump off this balcony and into the clouds."

I gave him a crazy look.

"Not to cause harm to me, but it looks comfortable. I wish I could sit on them and look at the sky."

"Same." I smiled. "Wouldn't that be amazing?"

He chuckled. The slight breeze made his hair move out of place.

"I know you don't want to talk about this, but it's eating me up. Sorry isn't enough and I know that. I admit that I was wrong." I started.

"Athena-"

"Please. I know I told you to show me that you care for me and when you did, I let you down. I understand your anger with me. You showed me a vulnerable side of you that no one has seen and I took advantage of it." I shook my head. "I'm sorry, not because I got caught, but for letting you down."

He stared at me, those icy blue eyes. He reached out his arm and I smiled before snuggling into his embrace.

"How are you?" He questioned. "I'm sorry too. You suffered an attack and had no one to comfort you. So how are you?"

"You don't have to apologize, trust me. I feel like I've been through a rude awakening."

"How so?"

I remained silent for a second to take in his scent. He smelt amazing and he felt so warm.

"I just know who cares for me and who doesn't. It's been clear signs before, but my dad showed who he truly was. He stared at me, in horrific pain and didn't do anything to help me." I scoffed.

I sighed.

"But even when you were angry with me, you showed your support." I started at the clouds. "I always thought that caring for someone or loving someone meant doing something for someone, but it's the little things that count."

Tobias softly smiled.

"You're like my best friend, don't tell Kelsey."

"Lips sealed."

Although I wanted something more, I knew it was superficial. Being in his arms, I felt the safest. It took the stress away from my mind, the constant fear that something was going to happen went away.

I just wanted him and all of him.

"Grubhub?" I questioned.

"I'm about to run to the store for groceries. Meal on me tonight."

"Perfect."

~

"I understand that I need to be on the low, but how long Anteros? I can't put my life on hold" I questioned while pacing back and forth.

Tobias' second penthouse was amazing, but it had no life. No paintings on the wall. Just rooms with beds and couches.

I felt dull.

"I don't know Athena. Give it a week, okay? If you decide to go out, keep security with you and never go unattended. I'll get more information, be safe."