Chapter-08

Manik- What?

Manik- What?

(Riya tsighs and turns to the guy.)

Riya- Tumhe jab car ne hit kiya to zyaada force se internal injury ho gayi hai. And it looks deep. You will need 2-3 surgeries to get back to normal again. And leg amputate bhi karni pad sakti hai.

[Riya- When you got hit by the car, the extreme force caused an internal injury. And it looks deep. You will need 2-3 surgeries to get back to normal again. And your leg may get amputated too.]

Manik + Guy- What!

Riya- Yes. Tum apni family ko bhi inform kar do. I will get the room ready for you.

[Riya- Yes. And inform your family as well. I will get the room ready for you.]

Guy (scared)- Amputate?

Manik (angrily)- What the hell is going on? How can he get so injured? He bloody came here arguing with me for money and has internal injuries? He is just lying.

(Riya turns to Manik and presses his hand, putting the finger on his lips, signalling him to be quiet. But our Mr Malhotra is just lost in her touch and only stares at her. She, too, realizes what she did and takes her hand back, embarrassed. This also brings Manik out of his world, and he understands what Riya is doing is for him only. He nods at her, and she turns to the guy with a serious face, while Manik stands behind her admiring her with a small smile.)

Riya (to the guy)- Yes, amputate. Look agar jaldi surgery nahi huyi to infection badh sakta hai aur zyaada leg amputate karni padegi. You can even die.

[Riya- Yes, amputate. If you don't get the surgery done, the infection may spread more in your body and cause amputation of a more significant portion of your leg. You can even die.]

(Manik covers his mouth and tries to stop himself from laughing, looking at the scenario in front of him. He then stands on a side, crossing his arms on his chest, and enjoys the drama.)

Riya- Tum apni family ko bhi inform kar do. They should be prepared for everything right.

[Riya- Inform your family as well. They should be prepared for everything, right.]

Guy- Main ye sab nahi karvane wala.

[Guy- I am not doing all this.]

Riya- Arey kyu? Aur tum to vaise hi koyi payment nahi dene wale. To kis baat ki tension hai?

[Riya- But why? And you are not even going to pay for it. Then why worry?]