Bonus Chapter-01

05 YEARS LATER

05 YEARS LATER

(It is 09:45 PM, and Riya is working on her laptop in the hall. She made Avya sleep half an hour ago and is now waiting to hear something from Manik. The last few days have been hard for him as the company is going through some bad phases. An internal member has leaked some critical information to the rivals, and it has caused significant losses to the company. And seeing this, Manik has been spending most of his time in the office, trying hard to find some way to bring the company back to the top.)

(Riya sighs as the clock hits 10:00 PM, and Manik is still not home, neither is he answering the phone.)

Riya- I hope everything gets better soon. This phase has been bad for everyone. And on top of that, it takes hours to convince Dadda's princess to sleep without seeing him.

(Just then, her phone rings, and it's Manik on the video call.)

Riya- Hey.

Manik (tiredly)- Hey.

Riya- How is everything going Manik? Baat huyi investors se?

[Riya- How is everything going Manik? Did you talk to the investors?]

Manik- Company mein sab unn ko convince karne mein lage huye hai. Right now, the main goal is to stop them from backing out. If they show their support in the meetings, the company might be back in shape soon.

[Manik- Everyone in the company is trying to convince them. Right now, the main goal is to stop them from backing out. If they show their support in the meetings, the company might be back in shape soon.]

Riya- And when are you coming home?

Manik (sighing)- I don't know, Riya. And I am sorry I couldn't inform you. Tum bhi thak gayi hogi hospital se aa kar.

[Manik (sighing)- I don't know, Riya. And I am sorry I couldn't inform you. You must also be tired after coming from the hospital.]

Riya- You don't have to be sorry about anything, Manik. I know tum bohot busy ho sab sahi karne mein. But don't stress yourself so much, please. Tum bimaar ho jaoge aise.

[Riya- You don't have to be sorry about anything, Manik. I know you are busy trying to set everything right. But don't stress yourself so much, please. You will get sick like this.]

Manik- Aisa kuch nahi hoga. You just take care of everything at home. I will try ki ye sab jaldi sort ho jaye.

[Manik- Nothing like this will happen. You take care of everything at home. I hope all this gets sorted out soon.]

Riya- I hope that too.

Manik- How is she doing, by the way? Is she still sad?

Riya- She is not at all sad, Mr Malhotra. She is Avya Manik Malhotra. She is angry.