Chapter-25

Manik- What do you think about me?

(She takes a sigh at his question and then answers.)

Riya- For me... These few days have been the best days of my life, Manik. Seriously, the best days. Because I had no fear that my family would wait at home to make my life hell. But now I have my new family waiting for me at home. And you are the reason for it. This is all because of you, and you are very special to me. You have given me new hope, Manik. I know we have just known each other for some days, but believe me, when I say this, you are the best person I have ever had in my life. The most special and the best.

(He smiles at her words while she also reverts a big smile to him.)

Riya- Okay, so now enough of talking. Aur tum ne pucha hi nahi ki maine aur Cabir ne kya banaya hai tumhare liye.

[Riya- Okay, so now enough of talking. And you didn't ask what Cabir and I have made for you.]

Manik- Okay. So kya hai aaj dinner mein? Especially cooked by my wife and my brother for me.

[Manik- Okay. So what's in dinner today? Specially cooked by my wife and my brother for me.]

(Riya then gets up and starts dishing out the dinner on the table.)

Riya- Today, we have Grilled Chicken with Mustard Sauce and Paneer Steaks. And also Chicken and Cheese Salad. And not to forget the very special Apple Pie.

Manik- Don't tell me. You made all my favourites?

Riya- Yes, I did. So go get fresh quickly. I will dish out everything.

Manik- I will just be back.

(He quickly goes to get fresh while she is satisfied that his mood has improved. She then serves the food on a plate and waits for him to come out. After some moments, Manik comes out and settles on the couch, all ready to eat, when he sees that there is only one plate on the table and that too for him, and she is not eating.)

Manik- Tumhari plate kahan hai?

[Manik- Where's your plate?]

Riya- My plate?

Manik- Yahan sirf hum dono hi hai naa. So, of course, tumhari. Where is your plate, madam?

[Manik- Only we two are here, right? So, of course, it's about you. Where is your plate, madam?]

Riya- Umm... I actually had my dinner at home.

(He takes a sigh and keeps his plate away.)

Riya- Manik kya kar rahe ho? Sab tumhare liye hi to banaya hai.