Chapter-27

Riya- Let's go down now

Riya- Let's go down now. Guests bhi aa gaye honge.

[Riya- Let's go down now. The guests would have arrived too.]

Manik- Sure.

(They both go down where most of the guests have arrived, and Riya sighs in relief at not finding the Dixits. Manik then looks at Neyonika and smirks as she is extra sweet to all her friends.)

Manik (to Riya)- Just look at her face now and then after everyone's gone. Mujhe to kayi baar shak hota hai ki ye vahi insaan hai or is she possessed?

[Manik (to Riya)- Just look at her face now and then after everyone's gone. I sometimes doubt if she is the same person, or she gets possessed.]

Riya- Seriously Manik? At least jab tak vo log kuch nahi kar rahe tum bhi kuch mat karo naa.

[Riya- Seriously, Manik? Do nothing till the time they are doing nothing at least.]

Manik- Of course. Main to bas bol raha hoon yaar. Kuch kiya thodi hai maine. Tum aise hi darr jaati ho. Chill.

[Manik- Of course. I am just saying this. It's not like I have actually done something. You get scared for no reason. Chill.]

(They both then meet the guests and greet all of them. Just then, the Dixits enter the party, and Raj calls Manik and Riya to meet them. Manik holds Riya's hand, and she looks up at him, to which he blinks his eyes in assurance to her. They greet Anita and Ashwin, where Anita showers fake love on her and Ashwin is faking a big smile to her and Manik.)

Anita- Mrs. Malhotra, aaj Harshad ke saath Riya ka ek aur Bhai bhi aaya hai.

[Anita- Mrs Malhotra, we have Riya's second brother here with Harshad.]

Neyonika- Oh, Aryaman is back from The States? That's great. Where is he?

Ashwin- Oh. There he comes.

(Aryaman enters inside and greets Raj and Neyonika, but he doesn't look at Riya, to which she looks teary-eyed but quickly hides her tears. Manik looks confused at Aryaman, trying to study him when he comes forward to meet him.)

Aryaman- Hi. I am Aryaman Dixit.

Manik (in his aura)- Manik Malhotra.

(Aryaman comes forward to hug Manik, but Manik just holds out his hand for a handshake with him, which turns the situation awkward between them. Aryaman then lets out a dry chuckle and shakes hand with Manik.)