Chapter-29

Ashwin- Happy Diwali, Baby girl

(And what he does next is the thing that a father would never do to his daughter.)

(He picks up a firecracker, lights it up from the candle, and throws it toward Riya. He then gets away and waits for the firecracker to explode, smirking evilly. The firecracker is about to burst when someone pulls Riya from there, but to her bad luck, the firecracker explodes while she is moving away from it, and she covers her ears and shuts her eyes; tightly.)

(A few moments ago, Manik looks at Riya and takes a sigh of relief at seeing her safe, but he gets shocked when he sees that someone has purposely lit the firecracker and has thrown it toward her. He then spots Ashwin smirking in the crowd behind Riya and understands everything. Not wasting any moment further, he rushes to her and pulls her towards himself to save her, but the firecracker explodes with a loud boom, and he hugs her tightly, hiding her face in his chest, and she, too, hugs him tightly in fear.)

(Everyone goes still for a moment after the firecracker blasts, and Manik and Riya are still standing in the same position, hugging each other. )

Cabir- Shit.

(Cabir goes to Manik and shakes him to break his trance, whereas other guests gather around them. Meanwhile, Ashwin and Harshad glared at Manik and Riya furiously as their plan got spoiled.)

Anita- Ye kya plan tha Ashwin? Kuch bada karna chahiye tha naa.

[Anita- What was this plan, Ashwin? It would be best if you had done something significant.]

Ashwin- Tum bhool rahi ho ye humara ghar nahi hai. Yahan main jo chahe vo nahi kar sakta hoon.

[Ashwin- You forget this is not our house. I cannot do whatever I want here.]

Harshad- Koyi baat nahi Mom-Dad. Inn ki ye khushi zyaada din rehne wali nahi hai. Maine pura intezaam kar diya hai.

[Harshad- Never mind, Mom and Dad. Their happiness will not last long. I have made all the arrangements.]

Anita- Tum log vo sab chodo aur vahan chalo. Agar yahan side pe rahoge to kisi ko shaq ho sakta hai. Chalo ab.

[Anita- You guys leave all this and go there. If you stay here on the side, then someone may have doubts. Come on now.]

(Meanwhile, Manik breaks the hug and checks Riya to ensure she is safe and not hurt.)

Manik- You are okay, right? Kahin lagi to nahi naa? Should we go to the doctor? Is it hurting somewhere? Tell me.

[Manik- You are okay, right? You didn't get hurt somewhere, right? Should we go to the doctor? Is it hurting somewhere? Tell me.]