Chapter-41

(After finishing his breakfast and having his medicines, Manik again falls asleep, and Riya comes down to the hall to complete her hospital work so that he is not disturbed

(After finishing his breakfast and having his medicines, Manik again falls asleep, and Riya comes down to the hall to complete her hospital work so that he is not disturbed. The time is 11:30 AM, and she is working on her laptop when Neyonika comes into the hall, and Riya looks at her awkwardly.)

Riya (getting up)- Main kahin aur jaake kaam kar lungi.

[Riya (getting up)- I will go and work somewhere else.]

Neyonika- Mujhe tum se kuch baat karni hai.

[Neyonika- I want to talk to you about something.]

(Riya nods in yes, confused with Neyonika's behaviour but looks on as she comes closer and stands in front of her. She then touches her face and smirks evilly, and Riya is just observing her actions.)

Riya- Kya kar rahi hain aap, Mom?

[Riya- What are you doing, Mom?]

Neyonika- You are really pretty. You should have been an actor. Why did you choose to become a doctor?

Riya (confused)- What do you mean?

Neyonika- Arey itna acha drama kar rahi ho itne dino se. Ek ideal wife hone ka. Ideal Bhabhi hone ka. And, of course. Ek ideal daughter-in-law hone ka bhi. Kahan se seekhi itni achi acting?

[Neyonika- Hey, you have been doing such a good drama for many days. To be an ideal wife. To be a perfect sister-in-law. And, of course. An ideal daughter-in-law too. Where did you learn such good acting?]

Riya- Main koyi acting nahi kar rahi hoon Mom.

[Riya- I am not acting, Mom.]

Neyonika- To aur kya kar rahi ho? When I married Raj, tab main bhi aise hi behave karti thi. Sab ko khush rakhti thi. Sab ke saath ek special bond bana ke rakhti thi. But when I got what I wanted, saari acting khatam. And main apne plan mein successful.

[Neyonika- So what else are you doing? When I married Raj, then I also used to behave like this. I kept everyone happy. And I even used to make a special bond with everyone. But the act ended when I got what I wanted, and my plan was successful.]

(Riya takes a deep sigh and then answers her back.)

Riya- Paise ke pyaar ne aap ko itna andha kar diya hai ki aap ko apne khud ke bacho ka dard dikhayi nahi deta. Phir chahe vo Manik ho ya Cabir. In fact Mukti bhi. Abhi thode din pehle aapne usse mere against instigate kiya tha naa. That I am with Manik for his money. Aur aap ko pata hai ki kal uski kya haalat thi jab usse sach pata chala? Socha aap ne uske baare mein ek baar?