Chapter-51

(It is around 11:30 PM, and Riya is standing on the balcony, looking outside and lost in some deep thought, whereas Manik is getting changed in the bathroom

(It is around 11:30 PM, and Riya is standing on the balcony, looking outside and lost in some deep thought, whereas Manik is getting changed in the bathroom. He comes out after some moments and looks on, confused at her. He goes and stands beside her and clears his throat to gain her attention.)

Manik (clearing his throat)- So what happened, Dr Riya? You don't want to sleep?

Riya- Manik. Can I ask you something?

Manik- Yes, of course. You can ask me anything.

Riya- I told you right that Dixits and Mehras have been rivals for many years. And when I say rivals, I seriously mean it. I don't know about them, but Dad hates them. And now as I am to attend their New Year's party tomorrow... Do you think it is okay? I mean, won't they take me as their rival's daughter? I don't know how to explain this feeling, but...

Manik- Okay, first, relax. Main samajh gaya tumhara doubt. And now, let me clear it for you as well. So tell me you, as a Dixit, never met them, hmm. And didn't even attend events or parties where they were to come, right?

[Manik- Okay, first, relax. I understand your doubt. And now, let me clear it for you as well. So tell me you, as a Dixit, never met them, hmm. And didn't even attend events or parties where they were to come, right?]

Riya- Never.

Manik- You are going there as a Malhotra when you attend tomorrow's party. And being my wife. You are not going there as Ashwin Dixit's daughter, Dr Riya Dixit. You will be Dr. Riya Manik Malhotra there. So there's nothing to worry about.

Riya- But do you think they will have no issue with this? When I met their son Veer, he seemed so jolly and friendly. I hope Mr and Mrs Mehra won't mind it too.

Manik- Of course. Aur tum kal unn se milogi to tumhe khud samajh aa jayega. They are the sweetest people you would have ever met. I can guarantee that.

[Manik- Of course. And when you meet them tomorrow, you will understand yourself. They are the sweetest people you would have ever met. I can guarantee that.]

Riya- Well, I am excited to meet them too. And I am excited about this New Year as well. Because this will be our first New Year together.

Manik- Of course. And also, tumhe to pata hoga naa, what do couples do on New Year?

[Manik- Of course. And You would also know what couples do on New Year?]

Riya- Oh, yes, they kiss...

(Riya suddenly stops and looks at him while he smirks at her.)