Coming Soon!

02 YEARS LATER

(Manik is sitting in the car, waiting for Riya to come outside. It's 05 in the evening and they are about to go on a date to spend time together. He sighs deeply and again dials her number and she again disconnects the call on the first ring.)

Manik- Come on Riya. Why do you need so much time to get ready. It's not a party that we are going to.

(Moments later, Riya opens the door of the passenger seat and gets inside the car.)

Manik- Like finally. Itna time kon leta hai ready hone ke liye?

[Manik- Like finally. Who takes so much time to get ready?]

Riya- Don't blame me Mr Malhotra. Tumhe karna bhi kya hota hai ready hone ke naam pe? Just set up your hair and wear a nice suit or something. We girls have so many things to do. Agar tum ladki hote naa to tumhe pata chalta.

[Riya- Don't blame me, Mr Malhotra. What do you have to do in the name of getting ready? Just set up your hair and wear a nice suit or something. We girls have so many things to do. You would have known this if you were a girl.]

Manik- Oh please. I am very happy being a guy. I don't even need any such opportunity.

Riya- To agar tumhe ye opportunity nahi chahiye to ab chale? Tum late karva rahe ho hume ab.

Manik (murmurs)- Of course. Pichle 01 ghante se main hi to ready ho raha tha.

Riya- Kuch kaha tum ne Manik?

Manik- Nahi nahi. Main kya kahunga. Main to bas Avya ke baare mein soch raha tha. Hum zyaada late nahi karenge raat ko.

Riya- Hmm you are right. It will be a problem if she doesn't find us next to her when she wakes up. Phir kal pura din uss ka mood off rahega.

Manik- Uss ka mood to main theek kar hi dunga. I know how to make my baby smile.

Riya- Of course. Dadda's princess she is.

(Manik smiles at her remark and they later chuckle a little. He then starts the car and they leave. After some time, Riya looks around at the area around and speaks up.)

Riya- This road looks so scary, Manik. Aur humare alava koyi dikh bhi nahi raha hai yahan.

Manik (while driving)- I know. People don't use this road much. But it connects you to the other road in much less time. So it has been a time saver for me many times.

Riya (looking around)- Hmm. But just drive safe okay. If you think something is wrong then just drop the idea of this road. Thoda sa late ho jaoge but still.

Manik- Don't worry baba. I will keep everything you say in mind. Hmm?

Riya (smiling)- Okay.

(She then hugs his arm and rests her head on his bicep, leaning on to his arm, to which he kisses her head lovingly. Moments later, Riya smiles and turns up the volume of the media system, and a melodious track plays on.)

Riya- This song is so amazing, Manik. And the singers have such soothing voices. I have been addicted to it since the day it was released.

Manik- I know right. The song is superb. And both the singers have great voices. They even have a tag name together. Their fans call them MaNan.

Riya- That is such a lovely name. But they are actually Manik and Nandini right? Manik+ Nandini is MaNan naa?

Manik- You are absolutely right. And see, even this Manik is so perfect. Manik naam hi sab se acha hai.

Riya- Excuse me? Who said that you are perfect and amazing? Only this Manik is amazing.

Manik- Oh come on now. I know you are just jealous. But I cannot do anything in this case babe. Every Manik is amazing.

Riya- Hahaha. In your dreams Mr Malhotra. Now let me enjoy the song.

Manik- Huh. Do you even know something about them?

Riya- I know some things here and there. But not much. What do you know about MaNan by the way?

Manik- My case is the same too. I don't know much about them. What to do then? Where can we read their journey?

Riya (excitedly)- Wait wait. I know where we can read more about them and their journey. It is actually a book on Wattpad.

Manik- Seriously? What is the name of the book? I will start reading it from tonight itself.

Riya- Well I have heard that the book's name is still a secret but it comes out on 16th October this year. I just can't wait to read it.

Manik- Even I am super excited for this book. This is the first book that I will be reading with such interest and curiosity. But let's see what their journey is.

Riya- Of course. 16th October is the date!

Manik- See you soon MaNan!