Chapter 24: Grand Ball

At the Royal City.

Inside the Duke of Kargaz Residence.

Sebas, the loyal wizard of the duke was pacing back and forth inside the study room.

It was daytime yet the atmosphere in the room was cold and gloomy.

The duke was quietly sitting in front of his large table with his eyes closed. He seemed to be upset with something yet his impassive and stern expression didn't change.

"This won't do!" Sebas exclaimed as his palms sounded against the table.

"The king is obviously finding fault with you. To think that over these past few years, he has always been trying to reel you in and he never succeeded. And now, since you declined the invitation to attend his birthday celebration with the duchess, you had to stay and never leave until tomorrow? And what's the day tomorrow? Clearly, he has always been suspicious of your condition. Duke, you certainly cannot stay. What recognition does he wish to give to you? All rubbish! He's just talking about rubbish!" Sebas spoke in one breath. He was seething in anger and exasperation with their current situation.

"Sebas, it is His Majesty," Duke Calex calmly corrected Sebas address to the king.

"Whatever," Sebas sneered. "If the duchess is just present, you can just simply attend today's celebration and go back at the duchy right away. But where is she right now? Ha, your duchess certainly hides so well," he added.

Duke Calex opened his eyes. His gleaming sharp eyes with unfathomable darkness darted toward Sebas.

"Sebas." Duke Calex sharply reprimanded. A sudden surge of pressure assaulted Sebas, making him hard to breathe for a second before he casually waved his hand and put up a barrier to fend of the ruthless and powerful swordsman aura of the duke.

"Duke, you told us to leave her alone, now look where we are now. Surely, you are not going to let His Majesty have his way with you, am I right?" Sebas asked. His eyes narrowed with a dangerous lazy glint.

"Just do what I instructed. I will attend tomorrow and you must go on your way as well," Duke Calex said.

"What? This plan of yours is not any good, duke." Sebas said. He was seated at the couch across the table. "You are just simply sending yourself to the king in a silver plate," he continued.

"Just do your job. You don't have to mind the rest," said Duke Calex with a deep but stern and sharp tone. His words were final. And Sebas could do nothing against them.

At the end of the day, Duke Calex and Sebas spent their night with arguments and heated discussion about their plan after enjoying a sumptuous dinner during the dinner banquet of His Majesty's birthday celebration.

The next day.

Tonight was the highlight of the week-long celebration of the king's birthday. Yesterday was the official birthday banquet and tonight was the grand ball celebration which was more prominent than the banquet since all of the nobles and members of the aristocratic families in the entire kingdom of Hartize were invited to join in the celebration. This was a social event that promoted connection and harmony between the powerhouses in the kingdom.

But among all the excitement, buzzes, and talks of the nobilities and aristocrats, there was a certain buzz that was common in between.

The appearance of the Mistress of the Blue Ray Tower.

From the very beginning, royalties and wizards went their separate paths. Wizards were feared and respected and royalties were honored and followed. One was to protect and guard the land while one was to lead and command a kingdom.