Chapter 48: The Brown Envelope

It was a new day.

Inside the secret white room.

Two figures, with disheveled clothes, could be seen sleeping side by side. If only not for the distance between them, one was on the farthest left and the other one on the farthest right, one could tell that these two people lying on a single bed had a steamy and passionate night.

Before the sun dawned on the horizon and before the sky brightened up from it, Atallie, who had slept on another bed - the duke's bed, quietly and carefully got up from the bed and fixed her unkempt appearance before going out of the white secret room, without even looking back.

Left alone just like that on the right side of the bed, Duke Calex abruptly opened his eyes after Atallie walked out.

He stared dazedly at the closed door.

He could not tell what he was currently feeling when his thoughts reared back to the scenes of last night.

Just thinking about it, Duke Calex could feel a mixture of exasperation, excitement, regret and delicate warmth and bliss from deep within. It was an incredible experience yet a ridiculous one as well.

No one could tell that after spending the whole night together, that Duke Calex only managed to kiss and feel the woman he wanted to fully devour.

Yes, the duke and the duchess, both tangled up, only kissed and felt each other - fervently, wildly, incessantly and hungrily as they tumbled around the bed all night.

It was not as if that was the only thing they could do, especially the already impatient and irrational duke, it was just that, the duchess was firm in holding her port and was not too forgetful of her set conditions.

As for the duke, he could only grit his teeth while enduring the suffering as he tried to control his rationality and remind himself not to lose himself as he played with fire.

It was just that, while they were busy fumbling and kissing, Duke Calex had to excuse himself every now and then to relieve himself from the torment - in which Atallie quietly allowed and understood.

And just like that, the cycle went on and their first night sleeping together on a bed was spent away.

From the very beginning until the last, Duke Calex seemed to be more drunken by lust and desires than Atallie - the duke himself could tell. After all, his deep and dark eyes were intensely gazing at the duchess during those moments.

Thinking about it, Duke Calex could not help but think that maybe there was something wrong with his wife.

During those raw and vulnerable scenes playing in his mind, Duke Calex could not deny that his wife was different from her usual coldness and indifference. There was a certain glint of sharpness and lust reflected in her eyes and her aura was dangerously seductive.

However, the duchess seemed to be holding herself back for some reasons, it was that or she was just too apathetic and unfeeling.

This was the only conclusion the duke could come up with.

Because for him, recalling what he was like last night, he was a bit ashamed of himself for losing his rationality and appeared to be completely wrapped around the fingers of the duchess.

The experience was so intense for Duke Calex that he felt vexed that it seemed to not be the same case for his wife.

With a deep sigh, Duke Calex finally got up from the bed.

No matter how he thought or felt, in the end, he still had to endure and press forward.

"There's still a lot of days ahead of us..." Duke Calex murmured to himself as his eyes shone with a determined glint on them.