Chapter 35: Yet Another Strife?

Duke Calex didn't even know where such an unusual feeling was coming from.

But don't get the duke wrong. He was sharp, wise, and strategic, not to mention his great feats and how far he survived from many different schemes from the opposing party, thus, Duke Calex certainly know on the surface what was this that he was currently experiencing.

Such a feeling was a novelty. A curiosity. Like a puzzle, he was ought to take and piece together in order to see the entire frame.

Deep within his heart, unknowingly, a sprout had begun to take shape. Yet, his mind seemed to not be able to fathom yet and name what it was. It didn't mean that his mind is incapable, it was just guarded and filled with too many things to handle and think about, it just didn't dare to.

Duke Calex simply could not dare yet to face what it was.

As the duke seemed to be lost in a trance as his gaze was fixated upon the duchess, Atallie, who was dead tired for some reasons, and was truly asleep when the Duke Calex came barging in, suddenly felt something.

Atallie's thick and long beautiful lashes fluttered as her eyes that was still misty and hazy from sleeping slowly opened.

Duke Calex, who was already out of his trance, already saw Atallie stir.

He saw exactly how Atallie's eyelashes fluttered beautifully, and that certain look in her eyes that was dreamy and captivating, Duke Calex's dark eyes dangerously darkened even more.

Opening her eyes, Atallie quickly saw the person who was standing stiff at the doorway. Although tired and certainly not feeling good upon having her rest disrupted, no impatience nor irritation could be seen on her expression. It was still cold and impassive as usual.

Slowly propping herself up, Atallie's gentle yet monotonous cold voice sounded.

"Duke, why are you here?" Atallie asked.

Duke Calex snapped back to his senses upon hearing Atallie's question.

Why am I here?

Duke Calex asked himself. And upon doing that, he realized what had happened just a while ago, and along with it was the reason why he had come in this room in the first place. .

This woman is truly dangerous!

He sneered.

And why am I being oddly affected by her as well? To the extent that...

Duke Calex noticed his dry throat and his impulse back then that he seemed to want to throw himself at the duchess and devoured those pink and luscious lips that was like the forbidden fruit, tasty but poisonous, at least for him.

Calex! Don't tell me that you got yourself to her trap?

Duke Calex scolded himself.

Atallie didn't know that Duke Calex just scolded her and himself while remaining standing still at the doorway.

Already grabbed a shawl which was now covering her fair and seductive collar bones and shoulder, Atallie was already out of her bed.

Noticing that the duke was unresponsive, Atallie was just about to ask the same question when she remembered that the reason why the duke came barging could be because of her.

She remembered that these past few days, she didn't manage to meet the duke for mealtime as their initial agreement for living peacefully with each other.