Chapter 32: Conflicts

"It seems like the enjoyable tea time with the duchess was spoiled just like that," Sebas walked in and saw the destroyed table and the mixed-up mess on the floor. He also noticed how the duke's thick but perfectly shaped brows almost touched each other due to the deep frown on the duke's face.

Even the aura around the duke was currently cold and stifling.

"Sebas."

"Yes, Your Grace?" Sebas sat down on the duchess's previous seat.

"Have you found out anything about the duchess and the mark of the Mistress?" Duke Calex asked. His stern and deep voice were low and cold. His expression was hard and impassive.

"After already confirming the mark of the Mistress on the duchess, and hearing what the duchess had to say about the deal with the Mistress, there was nothing more to be found in the situation, Your Grace," Sebas spoke.

Bothered by the mess in front of him, Sebas nonchalantly waved his hand.

In just a blink, gone was the mess and everything was replaced. From the table to the tea set, as well as the delicacies. Sebas then poured a cup of the magically newly brewed tea for himself.

In front of the unpredictable and moody duke, Sebas could not do anything about the current situation. Thus, he could only wait and at least let himself enjoy a good afternoon tea.

Duke Calex and Sebas remained silent and still. One was immersed in his thoughts while one was casually enjoying sipping his tea and taking bites on the sweet delicacies.

After a while, another set of approaching footsteps was heard.

Sebas looked up and saw the gentle and stiff Estian entering in.

With a low chuckle, Sebas spoke, "This is great. Come and take a seat. We have some things to settle today."

It's better to settle everything once and for all than see the still stunning yet upset and stern face of His Grace that seemed to darken everything.

Even my tea seemed to taste bitter when it's supposed to be not. Tsk. Tsk.

Sebas thought. Then, he waved once again and another chair appeared out of thin air.

"Your Grace," Estian greeted before he sat down. He already noticed and expected a bit that the duke might not be in a good mood the moment he saw the duchess calmly and gracefully storming off from the indoor garden.

Both Sebas and Estian quietly waited for the duke to speak. Sebas kept on enjoying his tea while Estian just sat still. He was not as undaunted as the great wizard Sebas.

Another moment of silence reigned between the trio.

But after several minutes, Duke Calex snapped out from his train of thoughts. His face remained hard and dark and his tone was cold and stern as he spoke, "Find out everything about that person."

Estian and Sebas didn't know who exactly the duke was referring to. Thus, although it won't hurt to ask, Estian hesitated for a bit but he knew he still had to in order to clarify who the person was.

"Your Grace, this person you are referring to, who could it be?" Estian asked. But what he didn't expect was the terrifying glare of the duke towards him. Even the stifling and heavy pressure of the duke's aura filled the surrounding, affecting him as well.

Estian broke in a cold sweat as he spoke, "I apologize, Your Grace. This humble servant is ignorant." and innocent... If only Estian could add.

Upon seeing the severity of the situation, Sebas became wary and intrigued both at the same time.

Who could it be?