Chapter 57: Ellard Settling Down

Before something could even happen, Atallie managed to stir the crowd away and get them inside the drawing room.

And by the permission of Duke Calex, unexpected as it was, Del was allowed to join in. And this made Ellard even more ecstatic.

Inside the drawing room.

Opulence and extravagance was all there for everyone to see, in every corner and part of the room, and that was also the same for every room or part of the mansion.

However, since the duchess decided to change things for the better, almost every part of the mansion was renovated into a more classy and elegant opulence rather than the tacky and gaudy one. And this only added charm and beauty into the main mansion and the living quarters of the duke and duchess.

And Ellard, having just seen this kind of luxury and lavishness for him to freely and fully see, was also a bit taken aback.

The estate of the duke was definitely far from the miniscule amount of wealth of an unknown and distant count like their father.

Alas, true wealth and fortune was far beyond he could imagine.

And now, his only sister was suddenly married to one of the richest and noblest persons in the entire kingdom.

Duke Calex took his seat first. It was the kind of seat that was distinguished from among the sofas and cushions there were inside the room. For it was the seat mainly for the duke and next to it was for the duchess.

And yes, Duke Calex chose this drawing room that was for official visits rather than the more casual one.

The reason?

One could tell at one glance that the duke wanted to get his point - no, points - across, loud and clear.

And Atallie clearly received the message the duke wanted to convey.

Once Duke Calex was seated, Atallie took the seat beside him.

Ellard and Del followed after, but their seats were obviously across and they had nowhere to sit but there.

Leonor, together with Estian and Lila, carefully brought in the tea and delicacies. They had to transfer the prepared spread from the drawing room that Atallie first arranged to this official drawing room that Duke Calex just chose.

And this change struck a chord in Atallie. Yet, she could do nothing about it. At the moment.

After all, she was somehow in guilt as well for not clearly mentioning the arrival of his brother, and now, she knew that Del's presence was like a thorn in the duke's eyes.

Now, the atmosphere inside the room was like still water, yet a storm was brewing underneath.

Duke Calex broke the silence as he said, "It is a pleasure to finally meet my beloved wife's brother."

Ellard, being unaware of what was going on, replied with a bright gentle smile, "The pleasure is mine, Your Grace."

"Let's chat over some tea, go and have a taste," Duke Calex gestured toward the prepared spread. "I heard that my wife personally prepared this kind of flower tea especially for you only."

"Flower tea?" Ellard was surprised but his smile even became brighter. He picked up the cup served in front of him. "Sister never failed to get me this tea. I got a whiff of a familiar scent, and this was it."

Atallie was also beaming on the side.

Yes, much to everyone's wonderment, Atallie was beaming, like a carefree lady from a noble family as she looked at her dear brother.