Chapter 55: Warm Talk

Coldness.

Icy and frigid coldness.

Biting and dangerous.

Darkness.

Deep and haunting darkness.

Silent and deadly.

Looking at the grim and taut expression of the duke, the knights could tell that His Grace The Duke of Kargaz should not be disturbed at this very moment.

All they had to do was to heed whatever orders he would instruct them.

And right now, upon Duke Calex's command, after they finished checking everything, they teleported right away to the capital's residence of the duke using the teleportation stone.

Sebas, the duke's personal and trusted wizard, was already at the residence when they arrived.

Upon hearing a brief report of what had transpired, he went straight to the room where the duke and duchess were.

Standing at the door, Sebas softly knocked on it twice.

A low and hoarse voice to Duke Calex sounded from the inside, "Come in."

"Your Grace," Sebas curtly greeted.

With his face as dark as the night and as cold as the ice cellar, Duke Calex remained unmoved while holding Atallie's hands as he said, "Take a look at her."

Looking at the situation, Sebas, knowing that at such time he would not dare to dilly dally so as to not to face the unimaginable wrath of the duke brewing deep inside.

With that, using his powers, he scanned Atallies body, her internal organs and all her vessels and everything that could be checked.

A frown appeared on Sebas.

He was familiar with this situation.

Wasn't it similar to the last time?

"Your Grace,"

"Speak,"

With a deep breath, Sebas said, "This is without a doubt, similar to the case of Her Grace before."

"What do you mean?" Duke Calex asked. He seemed to be unable to think straight. There was only Atallie in his eyes and all he wanted was for her to wake up. Second only was the revenge to whoever caused her little wife to be in this state.

Sebas walked around and moved closer to the side of Duke Calex. "Remember when Her Grace fell into a coma? In fact, that was also similar to what Your Grace underwent at some specific times."

"And what happened back then to Her Grace is the same as her current situation."

"What? How come? Why is it like that?" Duke Calex asked with a deep frown plastered on his cold and gorgeous face.

"As to answer Your Grace, I am not quite certain either," said Sebas.

"If we are the same… and her condition back then was repeated this time…" Duke Calex could not even think about it nor the what ifs.

Sebas understood that Duke Calex was particularly not in the right mood to think such complicated things, but for now, he could at least assure him as he said, "You do not have to worry, anyway. Her Grace will certainly wake up when the morning comes. That was what happened back then as well."

Duke Calex inhaled deeply. "Right. Is there no other injury present?"

"As far as I have checked, there is none. Her Grace is just sleeping. Your worries should be put to rest for now, Your Grace," Sebas reaffirmed. But what he wanted to say was that the duke should rest as well, not just his worries.